Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Is this a stupid idea? - 7Sage Forum

Is this a stupid idea?

mackenzie_fitzgeraldmackenzie_fitzgerald Alum Member
edited January 2015 in General 74 karma
I got 7Sage for Christmas and began studying immediately after. My plan is to study for 6 months and then be as prepared as possible for the June LSAT and just in case I don't do as well as desired I still have the option for the October test. I was wondering if it is just a completely stupid idea to go and sit for the February LSAT even though I won't remotely be prepared enough - just to kind of get a feel for the environment so that I would be surprised by anything on the actual day of. The school I want to get in to only takes the top score so I wouldn't think that this could hurt me in any way, but I may be wrong. I was just wondering if anybody had any additional thoughts on this idea? Why it be good or bad? Thanks! - Mack

Comments

• jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    no... just no, dont do something so ridiculous...
  • Allison MAllison M Alum Member Inactive Sage
    810 karma
    The only downside is that you'd be blowing one of your three takes. Many people retake once or twice, so you might end up regretting that blown test.

I found that taking practice tests with a study group really helped prepare me for test day. You might consider doing this instead of taking a real test!
  • jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    taking with other people does definitely give a different atmosphere than a PT alone somewhere even if theres people around... though the only downside is blowing a take it is a huge one as you never know ur future... theres countless stories of people doing not so great on first take, same/barely better/worse on 2nd and killed a 3rd... in ur case u would not have that third option while knowing ur first has no chance at a score u want
  • joegotbored-1joegotbored-1 Alum Member
    802 karma
    So glad you asked instead of just going for it. Please, for the love of all good things, don't do this!!

There is another detail about February that hasn't been identified yet: it isn't disclosed. Whereas for the June, Fall, and Winter tests you get to see your test questions, your answer sheet, and all the rest of the LSAT goodies, if you take in February, you get nada!! You get your score and a receipt! How can you even know which sections you need to focus on if you don't get any data? Were you nervous and blew the first section? Tired and blew the last section? Had to pee and lost yourself towards the end of section 3? Did you mis-bubble...or do you just seriously suck at XYZ section?

You can't answer any of these questions from February! Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the reason I was told never to take February.

June is a short 6 months away. I can guarantee you that about a month and a half in, somewhere around Valentine's day, you'll start to think that even June might be too soon. Just keep your head in it and you'll kill it. No need to rush the pain :)

Have fun studying and good luck!
  • pjanderson5pjanderson5 Free Trial Member
    238 karma
    @jasonawdriscoll is there somewhere online to find them?
  • Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    3438 karma
    Kaplan does them... while I would not study Kaplan's material even if I were paid to do it, I think there isn't any harm in sitting a free test... locate a Kaplan center near you and ask them about this.
  • mackenzie_fitzgeraldmackenzie_fitzgerald Alum Member
    74 karma
    @joegotbored-1 GREAT advice, I definitely did not know all that stuff that helps a lot, thanks!