Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Questions/Clarification about FP

Caleb.rohr.churchCaleb.rohr.church Alum Member

Firstly, I was wondering how many LG's y'all fool-proof until you were -0 consistently on the games?? And how many were you doing a day? How long did it take? I've done about 180 LG and not all of them more then once and I am at -7.6 average. Just trying to gage how much more I have left to do, even though I know everyone's different when it comes to the LSAT.

Secondly, I just want to know if I'm fool-proofing the proper way. Basically my system is to do a game write down all the data and then watch the video if I feel like I don't understand why I got the question wrong. Then I do the next game in the book ( I am using the LG 1-20 book from powerscore) and then I cycle through the games I haven't gotten down to the 7sage recommended time and a perfect score after I finish the book. I heard someone say that you should try to get all the games down to 5 minutes when fool-proofing. I feel like this impossible unless you remember the answer. Should I spend less time in between re-doing games? Like should I do the game a few hours after or the next day? It usually takes me 4 or 5 days to get through all the LG in the book which basically means I am slowly fool-proofing them all at once. Should I master a set of 10 or so, fool-proof them and then move onto the next chunk? Or is the way I'm doing it OK? As always trying to be the most efficient with my limited study time.

Comments

• hibster95hibster95 Member
    41 karma

I am still working on reaching the elusive -0 on LGs but here are some things that are working for me.
    I got substantially better when I did games by type and I really focused on mastering that style of game. I stared with in-out games and printed out a bunch of copies of the same games.
    My first step was to take the game with a 10 min timer. I picked 10 because It forces me to work quickly, but not so quickly that it's too stressful. Right after I do a game, I will re-do it without a timer. I always watched the video explanation next (even if i got all the questions right). I found it useful to see if there was another strategy to do the game. A lot of times the way I did the game was pretty inefficient and I was missing inferences that I should have pushed out in the setup. My next step is to print out another copy of the same game and put it at the bottom of my pile of that game type. For example, If i'm working on in-out games, I'll put the games I took that day and BR-ed at the bottom of my in-out pile. I'll usually redo it a day or two. I repeat the process if I'm still not making progress.
    Something i struggled with too was feeling like I was "memorizing the answers". To combat this, I force myself to explain why that answer is correct and why the other 4 are incorrect when i'm re-taking the LG. I really struggled with a grouping game about jewelers. I went through so many copies of it. Obviously at that point, I knew all the right answers. But each time I re-did the game, I forced myself to show why that answer was correct. Practicing drawing out inferences is always good no matter how many times you've already done the game. Even if you're doing great, remember that with practice you can always get faster and thus have more time to spend on parts of the LG section you aren't super comfortable with.