Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why do keep your old games?

charles27charles27 Alum Member
in Logic Games 136 karma

Hey! I’m starting to foolproof games now and I was wondering if and why it’s necessary to keep your old game papers and setups as opposed to just the data? Do you ever go back and look at ur game setups ? Thanks!

Comments

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    3072 karma

I actually compiled a journal of my completed LG boards that I would regularly review prior to my test. I still browse them occasionally even now.

It's helpful to be able to review your work regardless of which stage you're at in your preparation.

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

when I was fool proofing games, I kept the game that I initially did to compare the approaches I took for it with my redone ones.

once I was done with the game or section, though, I would toss them

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

I didn't use them for review after I had finished foolproofing that game (and came back to it one day later and one week later).

However, it makes for a bigger celebratory bonfire when you get your good LSAT score and gives you a sense of how much you have done/how far you have come.

• L.EtrangerL.Etranger Alum Member
    72 karma

Personally, I bring my LSAT materials to work, so once I finish a test or game it goes in the trash to lighten my commute. One of the great things about 7sage is that you can score a PT on your computer and then there's no need to stockpile the paper versions.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited December 2017 23929 karma

I've found it helpful to go back and compare how I've done certain games. I keep a log and like to find if certain ways I diagrammed or framed games worked better than others.It's also helpful to review games I had trouble with and sometimes just to review old game boards for odd games.

Some of the games I've done so many times that redoing them is may be a waste, but by reviewing them I can still glean some value. This seems especially true for games that don't conform to standard game boards.

• tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma

@charles27 I keep them. I like to compare and see if I've improved solving that game. I've done games 1-2 mos. apart and I've been able to go back and see that the 2nd time around I actually diagrammed the gameboard correctly, made all inferences and split or didn't split boards when beneficial for that game. I've also been able to see that I'm making some of the same errors when it comes to diagramming rules sometimes so it gives me something else to focus on. Once you identify where you tend to make errors it's easy to go back and see if you're improving there and if you've finally grasped the concept.