Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Resume advice

gloriaurbina7gloriaurbina7 Alum Member
edited December 2017 in Law School Admissions 77 karma

I'm currently working on my resume and had a few questions that I hope someone could answer:

1. My resume is currently 2 pages, is this fine? Currently the sections I have are: Education, Work Experience, Volunteer Experience and Languages.

2. I worked all throughout college, so should I include all of the jobs? My freshman/sophomore year I was working as a sales associate and manager at different stores, and then during my sophomore year I was able to secure an office job which I stayed in until graduating college. Should I include the sales associate and manager position?

3. I wrote a thesis in college, should I include a brief abstract of it?

4. Any rules regarding type of font, size of font and margins?

5. And lastly, I've read that we should include a Personal Interests section. Is this true?

Thanks guys!

Comments

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9382 karma

@gloriaurbina7 said:
    I'm currently working on my resume and had a few questions that I hope someone could answer:
    1. My resume is currently 2 pages, is this fine? Currently the sections I have are: Education, Work Experience, Volunteer Experience and Languages.

1. I worked all throughout college, so should I include all of the jobs? My freshman/sophomore year I was working as a sales associate and manager at different stores, and then during my sophomore year I was able to secure an office job which I stayed in until graduating college. Should I include the sales associate and manager position?

I think it depends. Some schools do ask you to list all of your jobs.

1. I wrote a thesis in college, should I include a brief abstract of it?

Yes, but very brief:
    https://7sage.com/admissions/lesson/the-education-section/

1. Any rules regarding type of font, size of font and margins?

2. And lastly, I've read that we should include a Personal Interests section. Is this true?

7Sage Admission Course (free trial) has a resume template:
    https://7sage.com/admissions/syllabus-preview/