Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do you guys approach...

saberatisaberati Alum Member

..."but not both" sequencing games. I've been practicing these after the Dec LSAT. I thought I had a good handle on them but I took way too long to diagram my possible worlds game 2 (I realized I made a mistake halfway through the question set and had to redo them).

I'm currently doing drills in Powescore's LG workbook.

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@saberati said:
    ..."but not both" sequencing games. I've been practicing these after the Dec LSAT. I thought I had a good handle on them but I took way too long to diagram my possible worlds game 2 (I realized I made a mistake halfway through the question set and had to redo them).

What exactly are "but not both" sequencing games? I'm not too familiar with the Powerscore nomenclature.

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9377 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@saberati said:

What exactly are "but not both" sequencing games? I'm not too familiar with the Powerscore nomenclature.

I'm not really sure either. I'm guessing "A is before B or C but not both" kind of rule in sequencing games....?

C- A - B or B - A - C

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    edited December 2017 3072 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@saberati said:

Not sure this is Powerscore terminology. As far as I'm aware, Powerscore does not distinguish games in this way.

OP is more likely wondering how to efficiently represent the 'but not both' rules often found in sequencing games.

• dphofnordphofnor Alum Member
    15 karma

I've always done it this way:

A is before/after B or C, but not both

B/C --- A --- C/B

• acsimonacsimon Alum Member
    1269 karma

I draw a three item sequence and circle it. After practice you get used to distinguishing this from a three item block. It's just a quicker notating method after a while.

• saberatisaberati Alum Member
    94 karma

@goingfor99th said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@saberati said:

Not sure this is Powerscore terminology. As far as I'm aware, Powerscore does not distinguish games in this way.

OP is more likely wondering how to efficiently represent the 'but not both' rules often found in sequencing games.

Precisely.

94 karma

@acsimon said:
    I draw a three item sequence and circle it. After practice you get used to distinguishing this from a three item block. It's just a quicker notating method after a while.

Do you also draw out "master" sequencing chains by tying these chains to the other rules or proceed directly to the questions?

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    3072 karma

@saberati said:

@acsimon said:

Do you also draw out "master" sequencing chains by tying these chains to the other rules or proceed directly to the questions?

Yes, link conditionals where possible. Also, however, remember that these rules are separate, and are sometimes better understood as such. I hope that makes sense.

94 karma

@goingfor99th said:

Yes, link conditionals where possible. Also, however, remember that these rules are separate, and are sometimes better understood as such. I hope that makes sense.

Yes, it does. Thank you and everyone else for your responses.