Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In Need of Opinions

Rascal96Rascal96 Member
in General 7 karma

Hello!
I took the December LSAT after trying to self study with The LSAT Trainer while in season playing volleyball for my university. I was only able to take three practice tests and was scoring in the mid 150s. When I got my score back I was extremely disappointed to see that I only made a 146. I'm already registered to take the February test. I know I need to do something different to study which is why I just signed up for 7Sage. My question is that in the 5 weeks I have to prepare again for the LSAT will 7Sage be able to help me make a 4 to 8 point jump?

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"sydney.brock" said:
    Hello!
    I took the December LSAT after trying to self study with The LSAT Trainer while in season playing volleyball for my university. I was only able to take three practice tests and was scoring in the mid 150s. When I got my score back I was extremely disappointed to see that I only made a 146. I'm already registered to take the February test. I know I need to do something different to study which is why I just signed up for 7Sage. My question is that in the 5 weeks I have to prepare again for the LSAT will 7Sage be able to help me make a 4 to 8 point jump?

It's possible. But honestly, if you scored a 146 you have a lot of work to do with learning the fundamentals that undergird the test. A month will be cutting it close because you'll want to go through the CC, drill, and take a good amount of PTs. With such a short timeline you won't have time to do all of those things; not properly at least.

Do you remember your score breakdown?

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

Hey!! Welcome to 7Sage. I’m going to give you the most annoying answer, but it is the truth.

The answer is; it depends.

5-8 points is a decent jump. However you said in the few PT’s you did take you were already in the 150’s. So it is possible that in a couple weeks you make the jump.

You could also need more time to take all the information in. It happens to a lot of people, it takes months and years of studying to get to their goal.

7Sage will provide the tools to help you improve your score. It is not magic though, obviously it depends on a variety of things.

Now that the negative is out of the way, you have come to the best lsat community around! Be activ e and ask questions. We will help you achieve the goal the best we can!

Again welcome!

Can you also provide your section break down? Are you weak in one area more than another?

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

@sydney.brock
    It could help you. It's hard to tell with that sort of a timeline.

Some people do experience a jump of 4-8 points from the core curriculum alone or from their first couple practice tests with blind review after it.

However, hardly anyone and no one that I know of who is scoring in the 140s or mid 150s has taken the core curriculum a couple of PTs experienced a 4-8 point jump and felt that they had maximized their potential on the LSAT. If you experience gains tthat quickly, it will be a sign you could improve more with a couple more months of intensive practice.

• Rascal96Rascal96 Member
    7 karma

Thank you both for your advice! I was weakest in the Logic Games. Obviously average with the LR and RC though with the score I have so I'd love to do better in those sections as well.

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

@"sydney.brock" said:
    Thank you both for your advice! I was weakest in the Logic Games. Obviously average with the LR and RC though with the score I have so I'd love to do better in those sections as well.

Thankfully logic games are the most learnable. They were my weakest section too. The main approach on 7sage for games is to begin foolproofing them after going through the core curriculum. Foolproofing a game basically entails doing the game, watching the explanation video, memorizing how to make all of the inferences in the game, repeating the game, watching the video, ect until you feel completely comfortable that you have memorized how to do it and can do it quicker than the recommended time. You then come back to it a day or so later and a week or so later to make sure everything sunk in. After doing this with all the 140 games from tests 1-35 most people experience dramatic improvement. However, that takes people quite a while to do and probably isn't fully managable by February. It took me 42 days of mainly foolproofing as my LSAT prep to get through them.

• mariagagnon09mariagagnon09 Free Trial Member
    3 karma

Hey, I agree. This is possible.

• KayyyyyyyKayyyyyyy Free Trial Member
    346 karma

If you only have 5 weeks and your weakest is logic games, it might be most helpful for you to mostly focus on logic games - as an earlier poster said, drilling and re-drilling earlier tests is one of the best ways to do that.

• KayyyyyyyKayyyyyyy Free Trial Member
    346 karma

But I would add - in 5 weeks you are unlikely to reach your max personal score. So if you are aiming to score as high as you can, then you might want to wait an application cycle. I know that's not an ideal thing to hear. But it is often true that people have the ability to increase their scores more than 4 points - sometimes significantly so - if they go through more material over a longer amount of time, and really hone their ability to take this test. No matter what you decide to do, good luck friend!

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Also, as you probably know already, keep your grades up. You'll be glad later.