Password (confirm) *
Thanks to David’s guidance, I have been admitted to a top 20 law school (with scholarship). The Admissions Comprehensive Consulting was expensive, but worth every penny. David helped set up a payment plan that worked for me, which was awesome. Going into this process with a terrible LSAT score and average softs, I figured I would be lucky to be admitted into a small regional school.
David taught me more about writing than any class I’ve ever taken. He walked me through every aspect of the process, which made the application cycle stress free. Law school is a huge investment, and if you want to ensure you’re putting the best version of yourself out there, 7Sage consulting is a no brainer. I could not recommend his services enough!
I worked with Aaron Thier on two essays, and I highly recommend Aaron and this 7Sage service to anyone in the application process. Below are the reasons why I think you should at least try the basic ‘Edit Once’ plan on 7Sage Admissions.
1. We all spent at least six months on the LSAT, four years on our GPA, and at least a couple of years on our Resume. It is only logical that we give our Personal Statements (and other required essays) some comparable investment. Personal Statements matter a lot, as we’re all told, and the service was worth every penny. (I was eventually on the ‘Unlimited Edits for Two Essays’ plan.)
2. This whole process of applying to Law Schools was daunting. At times I felt helpless. Aaron was incredibly kind, encouraging and supportive throughout the way. It didn’t feel like I was being judged on my writing; it consistently felt like I was being helped on my writing. This mattered a lot to me.
3. The two fields of expertise that Aaron brought was incredible. Not only was his expertise as a professional writer invaluable, but his experience of reading countless other Personal Statements made it possible to put my essay in good perspective. All combined, Aaron provided clear direction of what to do, and what not to do. This aspect was something that I hadn’t really thought about before signing up.
4. The fast turnaround was great too. Aaron sent me back his edits and thoughtful comments within two days until we finalised them. This meant that we both didn’t lose momentum on the writing exercise and its content – this was important. (Having said that, please do give yourself a good two to three months to shape your essays.)
5. If you’re someone who’s not comfortable talking about yourself, then, again, you should try this service. I generally hate talking about myself in front of strangers, but hey, you have to do what you have to do, and it helped me a lot to have someone as a sounding board. In this regard, Aaron recommended a Diversity Statement topic based on my Resume in which I will be forever grateful.
Again, please try out the basic ‘Edit Once’ plan first. That’s what I did. Eventually, you’ll find yourself upgrading to the higher plans as I did. It was entirely worth it.
Thank you so much, Aaron!
ps. (I’m waiting to get results from a T14 school.)
I have already left my review, but I would like to give an update review, since I have been accepted by Harvard Law School! David has been enormously helpful throughout the whole process, and I can’t achieve this without the help of David. I’d recommend David to all of you!
I had an amazing experience working with 7Sage admissions on my personal statement. The genuine care for the applicant’s success made the process much more meaningful and personal, and led to an essay I feel really strongly about. I’d really recommend these services to anybody, especially those who perhaps don’t have english as their first language as was the case for me.
Stats: 169/3.6, non-URM, K-JD
With my stats, and dreams of attending a t14 with scholarship, I knew that I needed to write a killer application. I purchased the Comprehensive Consulting package and worked with Kurt Pitzer and David Busis. Kurt is a superhero. His background in creative nonfiction writing was very helpful as he helped me craft a narrative which incorporated the aspects of my life that would be most engaging for admissions committees to read. Being able to view my successes and failures from a different set of eyes was invaluable. Kurt helped me tell a compelling story through each piece of the application, strategically helping me choose which parts of my life to highlight in each part of the application. I was admitted to 4 t14’s and received substantial scholarships from all of them (90-120K). I also received several full-ride scholarships from schools ranked 15-30. Each acceptance was accompanied with a hand-written letter or phone call from the Dean expressing their admiration at how I wrote my personal and diversity statements. It was clear to me that the soft factors highlighted in my application made a significant (and ultimately economically favorable) impact on my cycle.
I worked with Selene Steelman on my Application Review. She was smart, candid and generous, giving me the true perspective of a law school admissions committee member reading my app. Not only did she give me tell me what didn’t work, she pieced together my story (the story that I failed to articulate, but she saw it in me) and instructed me on how to spin it to my advantage. It’s not an overstatement to say she transformed my application. I cannot recommend her and the service enough!
You must be logged in to post a comment. You can get a free account here.