Password (confirm) *
Thanks to David’s guidance, I have been admitted to a top 20 law school (with scholarship). The Admissions Comprehensive Consulting was expensive, but worth every penny. David helped set up a payment plan that worked for me, which was awesome. Going into this process with a terrible LSAT score and average softs, I figured I would be lucky to be admitted into a small regional school.
David taught me more about writing than any class I’ve ever taken. He walked me through every aspect of the process, which made the application cycle stress free. Law school is a huge investment, and if you want to ensure you’re putting the best version of yourself out there, 7Sage consulting is a no brainer. I could not recommend his services enough!
I worked with Aaron Thier on two essays, and I highly recommend Aaron and this 7Sage service to anyone in the application process. Below are the reasons why I think you should at least try the basic ‘Edit Once’ plan on 7Sage Admissions.
1. We all spent at least six months on the LSAT, four years on our GPA, and at least a couple of years on our Resume. It is only logical that we give our Personal Statements (and other required essays) some comparable investment. Personal Statements matter a lot, as we’re all told, and the service was worth every penny. (I was eventually on the ‘Unlimited Edits for Two Essays’ plan.)
2. This whole process of applying to Law Schools was daunting. At times I felt helpless. Aaron was incredibly kind, encouraging and supportive throughout the way. It didn’t feel like I was being judged on my writing; it consistently felt like I was being helped on my writing. This mattered a lot to me.
3. The two fields of expertise that Aaron brought was incredible. Not only was his expertise as a professional writer invaluable, but his experience of reading countless other Personal Statements made it possible to put my essay in good perspective. All combined, Aaron provided clear direction of what to do, and what not to do. This aspect was something that I hadn’t really thought about before signing up.
4. The fast turnaround was great too. Aaron sent me back his edits and thoughtful comments within two days until we finalised them. This meant that we both didn’t lose momentum on the writing exercise and its content – this was important. (Having said that, please do give yourself a good two to three months to shape your essays.)
5. If you’re someone who’s not comfortable talking about yourself, then, again, you should try this service. I generally hate talking about myself in front of strangers, but hey, you have to do what you have to do, and it helped me a lot to have someone as a sounding board. In this regard, Aaron recommended a Diversity Statement topic based on my Resume in which I will be forever grateful.
Again, please try out the basic ‘Edit Once’ plan first. That’s what I did. Eventually, you’ll find yourself upgrading to the higher plans as I did. It was entirely worth it.
Thank you so much, Aaron!
ps. (I’m waiting to get results from a T14 school.)
I have already left my review, but I would like to give an update review, since I have been accepted by Harvard Law School! David has been enormously helpful throughout the whole process, and I can’t achieve this without the help of David. I’d recommend David to all of you!
Hi everyone – I wanted to put in my two cents on 7Sage Admissions. I worked with Kristen Gleason.
I was toward the end of the application process but had lingering questions about my essay and really wanted a professional opnion. So I bought the “Edit Once” package but once I reviewed Kristen’s comments and made changes I decided to buy the “Unlimited” package so we could finish working on my essay and I could ask more questions. This was the best decision I made. I really liked the way Kristen commented on why she thought changes needed to be made. Also, I struggle with past and present tense in my writing and she could see that right away! Adding a word here and there helped to give my essay the polish that it needed. In addition to giving me comments throughout the essay she also gave me general/overall comments on how I could improve it. I think having someone with her writing expertise was very helpful in editing an essay that I thought was in final form. Thank you so much Kristen – you are so gifted with your beautiful writing style!
Also, even though everything was done via email it was like having a conversation with her. I asked many, many questions and Kristen was always available. I never felt rushed and turn around time was a day or less. Once my essay was finalized, Kristen gave it one final read and then sent it to the proofreaders. Once I got it back from the proofreaders then we were done. This was done over a weekend! I thought I would have to wait until Monday! I thought the whole process was great and very professional.
I definitely recommend working with Kristen. She is so gifted with her writing style and will give lots of comments on how to improve your essay. My applications are finalized and now I’m just waiting patiently for the admissions folks : ).
I worked with Selene Steelman in my application process. With her expertise in law school admissions, she offered me invaluable advice in structuring my essays as well as useful strategies in law school applications.
The package was also truly comprehensive in the sense that I literally consulted with Selene on everything- interview tips, school selection, essay ideas, networking tips, and etc, and I received professional, constructive and timely responses every single time.
Without her help, I probably would have had a more bumpy cycle and spent way too much time doing my own research while not knowing whether I could trust the second or even third-hand information I found online.
Did I mention that Selene is also a very good writer on top of her years of law school admissions experience? Personally, I learned so much just from looking at her edits of my essays. I also liked that she was very well-organized and professional when answering my emails or calls while maintaining the good rapport along the way. The experience felt very personal and it always seemed like Selene was committed and had my best interests in heart.
I had good outcomes and will be heading to a school that I like in a city that I want to practice in, and I thank 7sage and Selene for helping me achieve that!
I strongly recommend 7sage’s admissions consulting package and working with Selene!
I worked with Margaret and David and purchased the comprehensive consulting package.
First off, I truly do not think I would have been admitted to half the schools I was admitted to without Margaret’s help with my essays. I want to emphasize this point because (1) I seriously believe it and (2) to me, these essays were worth penny I paid. She helped me parse my ideas and make them into interesting, meaningful essays. I actually still re-read my essays because I love them so much. David helped me a lot with strategy and negotiations after I had been admitted to schools. Thanks to his advice, I found a lot of success in increasing my scholarship. He also overlooked the whole process and gave me great guidance during each step of the process. His demeanor and guidance calmed me when I got overly anxious about admissions or scholarship negotiations. They are both very reachable and will jump on the phone to talk or respond quickly to emails when you most need it. Margaret checks the writing and David checks the strategy — it’s a perfect balance!
I am heading to my dream school in the fall. I was able to earn a substantial scholarship even though my GPA was below the school’s median. I sincerely attribute my success to the work I did with both Margaret and David. The $3500 or so I paid for this service saved me tens of thousands of dollars in tuition.
The package was worth every penny. I am endlessly grateful to Margaret and David for guiding and supporting me through this journey!
You must be logged in to post a comment. You can get a free account here.