It doesn't matter if it took you a year to get 173. That's an elite score and a great demonstration of your endurance, tenacity, and devotion to the test. My diagnostic was 150, and I'm taking the year to work toward my goal score of 174. Stories like you are very encouraging for students like me!
@AbenaAfriyie Hi Abena! Thanks so much for your kind words! 174 is definetely an achievable score with enough persistence! If you do need any help along the way shoot me a DM! I'd be glad to help!
Thank you for your tips and story Isaac! I am also working FT with a diagnostic 140s and goal of 170. You give me encouragement that this journey is possible with dedication. I am just getting started on my 5 month journey and looking into getting a tutor as well.
Hi Isaac! Thanks for the tips. Speaking of routines, how much time daily did you study during the weeks and was it always at the same time and was it morning or night?
@MargaretEvered Hey Margaret! It really depends if you're a morning or night person. For me I would come home, walk the dog, have dinner then do 1 hr of studying, which covers a section and review. However, I also have a student who does 2hrs in the morning before work and it works great for her. So I think it depends on when you are the sharpest and most importantly whether you can stick to it for a few months.
Thank you so much! I am working full time and last time I took the LSAT was about 8 years ago now and I completely winged it and got around a 149, and after a lot of life I decided to sit down and actually study for around 4 months to see what I can do!
@niakbotti I don't believe that was an option back when I did the curriculum. I did it when 7sage was still on the old website. If you were choosing now I'd probably recommend you decide based on your timeframe of when you want to apply. I'd be happy to setup a free 30min consultation if you need help creating a study schedule.
@Mail_Jabrayilov Hi! Yes I'll be posting another more detailed breakdown of the resources I gave above in a few days in General. I'll update you when I do.
How did you guys work on your timing I feel like I get the content but when it comes to time, I get so scared and I do bad or I am unable to finish all the questions.
@cookiecutter Don't be in a rush to hurry all the questions, that's how you loose points on questions you would've got right. Instead as you practice you'll see patterns emerge and you'll know exactly what to look for when it comes to different question types, you'll also get better with predictions that will help a lot with speed. So basically, don't look at the time, practice more to improve accuracy and you'll see your speed improve.
@KindlyQualifiedChampionship During lunch time! The articles don't have to be too long, 20mins is enough each day. For super long articles like law review or the ocasional opinion I would span it over a few days. The point is to treat it as RC reading and do recaps to summarize author's main points. But yes, I don't have children so that definetely gives me more time.
30 comments
It doesn't matter if it took you a year to get 173. That's an elite score and a great demonstration of your endurance, tenacity, and devotion to the test. My diagnostic was 150, and I'm taking the year to work toward my goal score of 174. Stories like you are very encouraging for students like me!
@AbenaAfriyie Hi Abena! Thanks so much for your kind words! 174 is definetely an achievable score with enough persistence! If you do need any help along the way shoot me a DM! I'd be glad to help!
Thank you for your tips and story Isaac! I am also working FT with a diagnostic 140s and goal of 170. You give me encouragement that this journey is possible with dedication. I am just getting started on my 5 month journey and looking into getting a tutor as well.
@SabinS Hi Sabin, it's definetely possible! Shooting you a dm if you'd like to meet for a consultation!
Hi Isaac! Thanks for the tips. Speaking of routines, how much time daily did you study during the weeks and was it always at the same time and was it morning or night?
@MargaretEvered Hey Margaret! It really depends if you're a morning or night person. For me I would come home, walk the dog, have dinner then do 1 hr of studying, which covers a section and review. However, I also have a student who does 2hrs in the morning before work and it works great for her. So I think it depends on when you are the sharpest and most importantly whether you can stick to it for a few months.
Thank you so much! I am working full time and last time I took the LSAT was about 8 years ago now and I completely winged it and got around a 149, and after a lot of life I decided to sit down and actually study for around 4 months to see what I can do!
@aidanpierce16 You got this! It's going to take time and dedication, but with consistency I'm sure you'll hit your goal score!
hi, interested in consultation for tutoring
Did you do the comprehensive or balanced curriculum?
@niakbotti I don't believe that was an option back when I did the curriculum. I did it when 7sage was still on the old website. If you were choosing now I'd probably recommend you decide based on your timeframe of when you want to apply. I'd be happy to setup a free 30min consultation if you need help creating a study schedule.
@IsaacZhb I think that I am going to do comprehensive because I have a whole year! Thank you!
@niakbotti Sounds good! Best wishes on your LSAT journey!
Hello, thank you so much for such a useful information!!! Could you please give any more such resources or more recommendations?
@Mail_Jabrayilov Hi! Yes I'll be posting another more detailed breakdown of the resources I gave above in a few days in General. I'll update you when I do.
@IsaacZhb Thank you!!
How did you guys work on your timing I feel like I get the content but when it comes to time, I get so scared and I do bad or I am unable to finish all the questions.
@cookiecutter Don't be in a rush to hurry all the questions, that's how you loose points on questions you would've got right. Instead as you practice you'll see patterns emerge and you'll know exactly what to look for when it comes to different question types, you'll also get better with predictions that will help a lot with speed. So basically, don't look at the time, practice more to improve accuracy and you'll see your speed improve.
Hi Isaac, thank you for sharing your tips and experience! May I also inquire about your hourly rate?
@omdsyi96 Hi sent you a dm!
@IsaacZhb Can I please also get a dm about this?
@Flying_Jatt.17 No problem! Sent you a dm!
Thank you for sharing. May I please know your hourly rate please?
@IreneC589 Sent you a DM!
@IsaacZhb Would you also dm me your hourly rate? Thanks!
@AbenaAfriyie Sent you a DM!
This is amazing and so helpful thank youuuu!!!!!!! :)
@1416484 You're welcome! Glad you found it helpful!
How did you do all this extra reading working full time? You must not have children
@KindlyQualifiedChampionship During lunch time! The articles don't have to be too long, 20mins is enough each day. For super long articles like law review or the ocasional opinion I would span it over a few days. The point is to treat it as RC reading and do recaps to summarize author's main points. But yes, I don't have children so that definetely gives me more time.