Hi, searching for some guidance on how to ask for letters of rec and how my people im asking should submit them to LSAC. maybe Im missing something but im just trying to figure out now. LMK
2
Hi, searching for some guidance on how to ask for letters of rec and how my people im asking should submit them to LSAC. maybe Im missing something but im just trying to figure out now. LMK
3 comments
I think the other commenters did a great job of walking through the basics! I just wanted to point out that we have couple articles about LoRs on our admissions course here. Feel free to check them out!
I asked my references this past week if they’d be willing to write me a letter. One was a professor I had at university last year who I emailed, and the other is the volunteer coordinator at the animal shelter I’ve been at for over three years who I texted (it would have been weird for me to email him). I asked if they’d be willing to write me a reference for law school, when they said yes I sent them what the school is looking for and that I’d be in touch in a few weeks about submission, as only one school I’m applying to wants LORs and they want them submitted in a specific fashion.
I just submitted my LORs this past week. In my case, I used my manager and also the VP of operations at the company I work full-time and sent them a quick note asking them if they were comfortable submitting a LOR on my behalf for law school. I haven't taken my LSAT yet or anything, but I'd rather have them on file well ahead of time and plan to reuse them if I have to wait another year. Honestly, just ask anyone in a leadership role you've worked with (assuming you are working at some level) or maybe an academic professor if you're still in school.
In terms on how they should submit it, you would have to log into LSAC --> find & click "Manage letters of recommendation" --> then click "Add/Edit My Recommenders." From there, you will have to enter their information (Name, Address (I used my company's address), and email. Once you do that, they will be in the system, and there will be an option to "email them" the request. Once they receive the link in their inbox, they can submit the letter through it.