User Avatar
•

Friday, Sep 25

😖 Frustrated

Consistency Struggles, Any Tips?

Hey all,

Last two timed PT results:

Last Week: LR -2 LR -8 LR (EXP) -2 RC -0 -> 167

This Week: RC -6 LR -2 LR -0 LR (EXP) -1 -> 170

Putting a message here to ask if anyone has struggled similarly with consistency in tests across sections. Results like these make it difficult to study because my weaknesses seem to be changing in the wind. Feels like I improve one section and then another one suffers. Glad I brought my score up a few points but it still feels like the goalposts move on me every week. Anyone have thoughts/tips/similar struggles with these kinds of results? Anything appreciated!

2

4 comments

  • Friday, Sep 25

    There is a pretty significant variance in the difficuluties of sections imo. It's even more striking when you account for the subjective factor of some questions/sections being harder/easier for you specifically. I've definitely had an RC section that was immediately derailed by having a very difficult first passage that took me too long.

    2
  • Friday, Sep 25

    Hi! Question for you: When you take timed PT’s, are you taking them under the same conditions each time? Ex. Are you taking them at the same time of day, eating the same breakfast, same morning routine, etc. Doing this will help for the actual test, as your brain will get used to it!

    For me, I’ve been PTing at 10:00am every single time, and I was able to schedule my test for 10:00am. It helps that I’m a remote writer too, so I can make my environment mimic what it’ll look like on test day.

    Best of luck!

    2
  • Edited Sunday, Sep 27

    Personally, I found that typing key terms of each option back into articles really helped me a lot in improving RC

    1
  • Friday, Sep 25

    I am on the exact same boat. Will do beautifully on an LR section one day, then bomb it the next and do great on RC. Can’t seem to stay consistent and there is no specific question type patters across my wrong answers.

    1
You've reached the end of the comments.

Confirm action

Are you sure?