Hi! I'm trying to amp up the time I spend reviewing questions/sections, and was wondering if there could be a timer of some sort? I am trying to aim for at least 5 minutes deep review per question, so it would be super helpful/motivating to see these review stats! Ty!

2

1 comments

  • Edited Tuesday, Sep 29

    I wouldn't slap a time requirement on it--try teaching it to your dog. If your dog can answer the next question, you're good to move on.

    Not really--but I found that it's super helpful to attack review in this manner. You can prioritize wrong answers first but try to cover the ones you got right just in case it was a lucky guess:

    1) Read the question stim and explain what's being asked of you and how you're going to approach the question

    2) Read the stim and try to identify the structure, types of reasoning, assumptions/gaps. flaws etc. Fully dissect the argument and begin to apply the question stim to help you form a prediction.

    3) Pre-phrase the correct answer--if you genuinely can't come up with something, you can use the ACs to cue you in. Try to avoid doing this (POE) as these less preferable in the review process. It'll force you to connect the dots on a potential solution, which will help you hunt for the right AC.

    4) Hunt mode or POE-- use your prediction to arrive at the correct AC. Sometimes I'm way off, but simply thinking through the problem before peeping the ACs helps me hone in on the correct one.

    5) Once you identify the correct answer, go top to bottom (A-E) and explain how each AC is either right or wrong. Don't stop there--force yourself to understand what the actual AC is doing to the argument. This will reveal a set of patterns so you can identify them on later questions.

    You'd be surprised how long it takes to do this with a 10-Question LR Drill. Trust me--it's painful, but it's helped me get better at solving questions overall.

    1
You've reached the end of the comments.

Confirm action

Are you sure?