I am in cloud 9 seeing such accuracy across sections after back to back 169's (and an official 168), but I didn't have time for a fourth section so I went for just the three section. How much should I discount the 179?
i mean if it was a real exam, your exp wouldn't have been scored anyways so i'd be confident in the 179. you could've missed 10 on s4 and still gotten the same score. i think this does count if you also took it under strict test conditions
i will say if your exp was s1-3, i'd be more hesitant to say yes though. and i mean that because test fatigue is a factor and if your exp was, say, s2, you'd be performing possibly better on s3 and 4 because you skipped 2 and didn't lose the energy you would've had to expend
Yes, I think possibly it could have been a factor, but my recent 4 sections are much more uniform, sometimes getting my best section at the end. I think I can conclusively say that this is 170+ evidence and I have the ability to get a 99th in October just have to execute everything I’ve worked on
i would try to get a few more PTs in at or above your goal score to feel truly ready for the exam, just because theres often the case where you underperform so you want to give yourself that window. but if you feel confident in yourself go for it! just dont pressure/force yourself, youve got all the time in the world
I don't think you should discount it at all. At the end of the day, the test is about how many questions you get right; if you only had time for 3 sections, and you got 75 out of 77 questions right, then that's still valid data about your skill level. The experimental section adds more data, if only because it's an additional 25 questions (even if they're "unscored"), and it helps test your pacing and attention span, but dropping only 2 questions across 3 sections is a strong performance! Many people are happy if they get 2 questions wrong a section.
8 comments
i mean if it was a real exam, your exp wouldn't have been scored anyways so i'd be confident in the 179. you could've missed 10 on s4 and still gotten the same score. i think this does count if you also took it under strict test conditions
i will say if your exp was s1-3, i'd be more hesitant to say yes though. and i mean that because test fatigue is a factor and if your exp was, say, s2, you'd be performing possibly better on s3 and 4 because you skipped 2 and didn't lose the energy you would've had to expend
Yes, I think possibly it could have been a factor, but my recent 4 sections are much more uniform, sometimes getting my best section at the end. I think I can conclusively say that this is 170+ evidence and I have the ability to get a 99th in October just have to execute everything I’ve worked on
i would try to get a few more PTs in at or above your goal score to feel truly ready for the exam, just because theres often the case where you underperform so you want to give yourself that window. but if you feel confident in yourself go for it! just dont pressure/force yourself, youve got all the time in the world
I don't think you should discount it at all. At the end of the day, the test is about how many questions you get right; if you only had time for 3 sections, and you got 75 out of 77 questions right, then that's still valid data about your skill level. The experimental section adds more data, if only because it's an additional 25 questions (even if they're "unscored"), and it helps test your pacing and attention span, but dropping only 2 questions across 3 sections is a strong performance! Many people are happy if they get 2 questions wrong a section.
i also got a 179 on this and yea this PT was definitely easier. it's good news that u scored well but keep studying a lot
wait i just realized this was pt157. i just scored it today and also got a 179 LOL
179 doesn’t just come from nowhere so i don’t want to discount it too much but yea this pt is just way easier than the other 150s 😭
Since the last section was the experimental, it would have been the same result if you had added it, so this is a true 179 IMO