I work full time as a litigation paralegal, so I find it difficult to fit high quality studying into my busy schedule. I got my score back for the September LSAT earlier today, and it was disappointing to say the least. I'm realizing that given my goals and schedule, it might be best to look into tutoring.

I feel like I have a fairly decent grasp on patterns that the LSAT writers use, but I still end up pontificating and wasting valuable time during timed sections and drills. When I'm reviewing incorrect answer choices, I can typically see why the answer choice is wrong, but I keep making the same mistakes because I often don't have the language to fully understand HOW I can avoid the mistake on a future question. I really need help with my pacing and coming up with strategies to avoid trap answers under timed conditions.

I would like to spend less than $100 per hour for a tutor, but I'm willing to increase my budget for the right fit. I'm currently PTing in the high 150s and low 160s, but would really like to break into the 170s.

2

8 comments

  • LiaWang Independent Tutor
    4 hours ago

    Hello, I’m Lia! I scored a 180 on the LSAT and would be happy to help. I’ve been a tutor for college students since 2022, and have through this experience proven my ability to help students achieve success. I charge $60/hour. Message me for more details!

    1
  • julielamberth Independent Tutor
    4 days ago

    Hi, I have some availability and have been teaching and tutoring LSAT for 25 years, and am charging $100/hour currently with a lower priced option if you prepay a week in advance. Please feel free to message me if you'd like more info. Thanks!

    1
  • ITTutoring Independent Tutor
    5 days ago

    I think I'm in the neighborhood of your price range, and I have a lot of experience working with people trying to move from the low 160s to the 170s. If you're interested, I offer potential clients free 1-hour evaluation sessions, which in many ways are just a chance for you to pick the brain of an expert and see if I you think I can help. Those you can book at https://www.ivorytowertutoring.com/schedule/ Also, hit me up with a DM and I can answer any questions you have.

    1
  • SCOTT_LEBO Independent Tutor
    5 days ago

    Hi Elena,

    I can definitely help you develop the precise language and analytical framework you are looking for. Being able to explain why an answer is wrong after the fact is useful, but the real objective is to identify exactly what went wrong in your process and convert that diagnosis into a rule you can apply before making the same mistake again.

    A major part of my approach is assessing what I call "the reasoning-to-conclusion connection": determining whether the author’s reasoning actually establishes the conclusion and, if not, identifying precisely what is missing or defective. We then apply that analysis through the specific process required by the question type and formulate what the correct answer must do before entering the choices. That creates a repeatable “code” for avoiding recurring errors while also reducing the over analysis that consumes time under timed conditions.

    I have tutored LSAT students full time for 15 years and scored a 172 on my official LSAT. My rate is $80 per hour, with a five-hour prepaid package available for $320, so I am comfortably within your budget. I would be happy to begin with a free phone consultation to discuss how I can help you in more detail. Either way, best of luck!

    Scott

    1
  • MileHighLSATPrep Independent Tutor
    6 days ago

    Heya! 

    If you’re looking for a tutor, I do offer one-on-one tutoring and a free consultation where we can talk through your current score and goals. 

    You can book a free consultation using this link: https://calendar.app.google/jP9AKerjCTbprTCB8 

    More details about my approach are here if you want to check it out: https://www.milehighlsatprep.com/.

    1
  • RJlsattutor Independent Tutor
    6 days ago

    Hi! I scored an official 180 and work 1:1 with students on turning that "I see it immediately in review" feeling into a concrete rule or cue you can use the next time that pattern shows up under time.

    Since you're already PTing in the high 150s/low 160s, I'd want to look closely at where the extra time is going, what kinds of trap answers keep pulling you in, and whether the issue is pacing, second-guessing, or a repeatable reasoning pattern.

    I'm happy to do a free consult first to review your recent PTs and talk through whether I'd be a good fit for what you need. You can schedule one here: https://calendly.com/rjlsattutor/15min

    1
  • theLSAThacker Independent Tutor
    6 days ago

    Hey there. Went to harvard/have been tutoring for 8 years. I harp on my students a lot on techniques surrounding decision-making and judgement under timed conditions. Have loads of strategies for this, as this is especially common/damaging at higher score bands. Shoot me a text at (563) 217 0904. Know what I'm doing lol/have a long track record of getting tons of students into 170+ score bands!

    1
  • sheffermancoaching Independent Tutor
    6 days ago

    Hi Elena! I’ve been in your position before and can help. If interested, you can book a free 30 minute Zoom consultation with me at www.sheffermancoaching.com :)

    1
You've reached the end of the comments.

Confirm action

Are you sure?