I’m struggling to bridge the gap between my Actual score and Untimed Blind Review score on LR.

For example, on a 25-question LR section:

Timed: 10/25 correct — 15 wrong

Untimed Blind Review: 22/25 correct — only 3 wrong

So it seems like my main issue is performance under time pressure rather than a knowledge gap.

For those who have experienced a similar gap, what actually helped you to improve?

I’d especially appreciate specific strategies. Thank you!

3

5 comments

  • 5 days ago

    @Kevin_Lin I am curious if you have any additional advice

    1
    Kevin_Lin Instructor
    5 days ago

    I took a look at your analytics -- am I right to say you've gone through a lot of the curriculum but haven't done much drilling or section practice yet? If so, I wouldn't worry at all. You just need to complete and review more drills and sections. There's no substitute for this. Make sure you do drills untimed so you can practice reading and thinking carefully with a calm, focused mindset.

    1
    4 days ago

    Thank you! I can do more untimed drills to prepare for my upcoming November LSAT. My only concern with focusing on untimed drills is that my first attempt will actually be this October LSAT. Given that I don’t have much time left before the October test, would your advice still apply, or would you recommend slightly adjusting the approach?

    1
  • 6 days ago

    Performance under time improves with accuracy. You should be ignoring the clock when answering questions timed and aim for getting as many right as possible, rather than answering everything. If you slow down and get meticulous about getting the question in front of you correct, your accuracy will improve and so will your ability to do it under pressure.

    1
    Edited 5 days ago

    Will definitely try this out next, thanks!

    1
You've reached the end of the comments.

Confirm action

Are you sure?