Hi! I'm looking for a tutor who can meet as needed to go over specific questions. When I get questions wrong, I usually vacillate between two answer choices and ended up selecting the incorrect one because of a "problem" I see with the right one. Or, I will select the correct answer only to change it to the wrong one during blind review because I have time to obsess over details. When I go to put certain questions in my wrong answer journal, I realize I still can't fully articulate why the wrong answer was wrong or why the right answer was right, even after reviewing the explanation videos. I'm looking for someone who is able to explain why answer choices are wrong/right in a few ways (differently from the 7Sage tutors) and then answer my follow up questions until it's crystal clear for me. Ideally, I'd pay hourly for sessions as needed rather than having a consistent schedule. Let me know if this sounds like your specialty and something you're open to! :)

2

5 comments

  • julielamberth Independent Tutor
    4 days ago

    Hi, I have some availability and have been teaching and tutoring LSAT for 25 years, and I focus a lot on looking at why students picked the wrong answer and eliminated the right one, then connecting that to broad points to keep in mind (for example, "you picked a "most" answer over a "some" for NA but we generally don't like stronger language for NA"). Please feel free to message me if you'd like more info. Thanks!

    1
  • MileHighLSATPrep Independent Tutor
    4 days ago

    Hi! If you’re looking for a tutor, I offer one-on-one sessions along with a free consultation where we can go over your current score and goals. I’ve helped multiple students reach 180 and many others break into the 170s and I’d love to help you get there too. 

    You can book a free consultation using this link: https://calendar.app.google/jP9AKerjCTbprTCB8 

    More details about my approach are here if you want to check it out: https://www.milehighlsatprep.com/.

    1
  • theLSAThacker Independent Tutor
    4 days ago

    Hey there! Happy to connect, have been tutoring for 8 years. Shoot me a text at (563) 217 0904. This is actually one of my favorite things to teach!

    1
  • ITTutoring Independent Tutor
    5 days ago

    That's definitely something I do for people. I usually meet for two hours at a time with students, and you can pay session by session. If you're interested, bring a few questions to one of my free one-hour evaluation sessions (which you can book at https://www.ivorytowertutoring.com/schedule/ ) and see if my explanations make any more sense to you.

    0
  • sheffermancoaching Independent Tutor
    5 days ago

    Hi Mati! I can definitely help and I teach a very repeatable and visual process for you to truly understand the answer choice and how to get there confidently. If interested, you can book a free 30 minute Zoom consultation at www.sheffermancoaching.com

    0
You've reached the end of the comments.

Confirm action

Are you sure?