LSAT is THIS FRIDAY and I’m officially at the point where the stress and anxiety are kicking in 😭

How are we combatting the pre-test anxiety?! I’ve been studying for months and obviously want to do my best, but I feel like the closer it gets, the more anxious I am.

For those who have taken the LSAT before, what did you do during the final week to stay calm and not psych yourself out? Did you keep studying, take a break, focus on sleep, exercise, etc.?

I’d love to hear what actually helped you mentally going into test day because right now I’m trying to remind myself that I know more than I think I do and that one test does NOT define me 😭🤞🏼

4

4 comments

  • Edited 2 days ago

    I'm writing this Friday too!! I am a Taurus at my core, so these are kinda sensuous, but maybe something will resonate:

    • prioritizing sleep (8-9hours)

    • eating food that also fills my soul

    • eating sour candy bc it can be grounding during heightened moments of anxiety

    • I use a lavender body wash and lotion at night, and that's super soothing

    • I really like the guided meditations on the great meditation YouTube channel

    • journaling

    • chatting with friends

    • reading affirmations on Pinterest bc I have no other social media (don't clown me pls lol)

    • I'm in the process of making a playlist to hype me up lol (open to reccs hehe)

    • treating it like it's just anything else, ofc I don't want to rewrite, but it's okay if that happens; I deserve to give myself the best shot and that's not going to happen if I mull or lament over an outcome that's out of my control

    I hope something sticks or that there's some solace in knowing you aren't going through this alone! We got this :) rooting for you!!

    7
  • Yesterday

    I took the September test and didn't feel much anxiety or stress while at the center. I did the following the week leading up to my test, not just the night before. Set yourself up for success starting today so you're maintaining the anxieties and stress now.

    • Prioritized sleep every night. I aimed for 8 hours but would never get less than 6.

    • Eating nutritious food. Unhealthy food the night before sets you up to be potentially groggy or bloated. A little ice cream or something isn't a problem but Domino's might not be the move. I tried to eat clean (but food I love) for a week leading up to the test and then ate Chinese right after.

    • Go outside. Fix your circadian rhythm. I went outside when I woke up and sat in the sun for a bit. I went on sunset walks or also just sat outside before it went down. Don't let your phone be the first thing you see in the morning.

    • Working out was big for me. This has always been my outlet. Yoga in your room counts if you cant go to a gym. Stretch your muscles, breathe deep, jump around, doesn't matter.

    • Live your life!! Don't let the thought of this test consume you. I know it's so hard. But I promise you life does not end or start with depending on your LSAT score. Hang out with your friends this week. Do your hobby. Watch a new movie.

    • If it helps do a drill? I did a 5 question drill once a day leading up. It made me feel like I was keeping everything fresh, but didn't force me to sit at the computer for an hour freaking out about the LSAT. I did the questions, reviewed what I go wrong, and then played Tetris or something.

    • The most important thing to me was how I spoke to myself. BIIGGGG on "I'm trying to remind myself..." keep doing that. PLEASE. These forums are unrealistic for a lot of people and may only increase your stress. This test is as scary as you make it.

    2
  • 2 days ago

    IMO the testing center is really comfortable, so that is a stress that's taken off. noise cancelling headphones, and nice temp. the week of im ngl i don't study. i feel like it burns me out, so i just stop studying. i take the week to exercise and enjoy myself (and sleep)

    2
  • 2 days ago

    Honestly, I just ran a half marathon yesterday, and all my stress went towards that.

    2
You've reached the end of the comments.

Confirm action

Are you sure?