Hi all!
I find that I am really struggling to increase my score. My diagnostic was a 155, I took my first LSAT in August (got a 160) and have plans to take it again in November. I feel that I am learning a lot, but then my preptests and drill scores don't reflect that. My PTs remain at the high 150s, while my blind reviews get in the mid to high 170s consistently.
Timing has been a real struggle for me, especially for RC. I've always been an avid reader and did really well on RC on the ACT, so I'm confused why I'm struggling so much; it feels like it hasn't quite "clicked" yet and I don't know what to do. I've been practicing with more time and the accuracy is getting better but is still an issue, especially when I switch back to normal timing. When I review my preptests slowly, its so much easier for me to figure out the answer, hence the high BRs.
I've learned a lot, between the core curriculum, live classes, and drilling, and I feel very stuck moving forward. I feel like I'm doing the same things and nothing is helping.
Anyone have any tips or has gone through any of this themselves? My goal is 168. I feel like that is possible to get to before the November test since I'm right on the edge of a breakthrough but don't know how to quite get there! Again, timing definitely feels like the biggest issue at the moment.
Thanks everyone!! 😊
1 comments
Hi! I’m glad you noticed that big gap between your timed score and your blind review. That’s actually a good sign. It means you understand the material well, and the main thing to work on is bringing that same reasoning into the timed setting.
For Reading Comp, try to notice exactly where you’re losing time. Is it while reading the passage, going back to check details, or getting stuck between answer choices? Start by practicing with just one passage at a time, and give yourself a little extra time at first. Once you feel comfortable, slowly shorten the time until you’re back at the regular limit. As you read, focus on what each paragraph does, the different viewpoints, and the big-picture structure, instead of trying to memorize every detail.
It’s also helpful to practice flagging and moving on from questions that are taking too long. That way, one tricky question won’t keep you from getting to the last passage. Once that feels more natural, try working with two passages at a time, and then build up to full timed sections. At this point, you probably don’t need more new material; instead, focus on making your current process smoother and more consistent each time you practice.