I took the Sept test and then took about a week off. Since then I’ve been studying and my RC scores have plummeted. Not quite sure what’s going on. I went -3 before the Sept test on my last RC section, and now I’m lucky to go -9 to -10. Not only that but my pacing is way off. Before, I had gotten a good rhythm and would move through sections more comfortably. Now though I’m struggling to even get to the last passage for some reason. I take the October test in 5 days and wanted to see if anybody had any emergency advice. Any is greatly appreciated!
2
3 comments
Your physical condition matters a lot. It doesn't matter how well you have the fundamentals down if the words in front of you literally don't even get into your head. Get a good night's rest; eat something light but nutritious; and get a workout in.
Hey there,
So I have had a similar thing happen before, but with LR instead where my scores dropped suddenly after I took about a week off from studying because of the flu. The important thing to keep note of is that this is just a temporary drop driven by some external factor, not a reason to think that your actual ability has gone down. I would recommend doing a couple of easier RC passages to reset your rhythm before trying a section again. Taking a break can also help.
Either way, good luck!
Thank you for the advice. I’ve been in a pretty frustrating process of trying to figure what that external factor is. It’s like the universe just decided “yeah you suck at RC now” lol. Ironically I felt amazing with RC on the actual September exam, and as I said, leading up to it. So I don’t know. Maybe I’m going insane