I didn't take the October test, but in terms of tips not to freak out: Try doing box breathing before each section -- 4 second inhale, hold for 4 seconds, 4 second exhale, hold for 4 seconds, and repeat for a few cycles. During a section, if you feel like you're losing your focus or rhythm, take a second to pause for a deep breath. Also, if you start feeling anxious or your heart is racing, think of it as your body entering performance mode. Try to get a good nights sleep tonight, and remember, you can always take it again. Good luck tomorrow!!!
I took the test and it was not as scary I as I expected, not as hard as I expected but feel my score will still be similar to my PT's. I had a lot of anxiewty the day before and just tried to get a good nights sleep, have a decent breakfast, bring a snack, Rest between each section, stretch, wiggle a little and take some deep breaths BEFORE you start to feel nervous. Every few questions take a breath. it was so much less stress than I expected.
Congrats on taking it, I’m sure you did great! Thank you for sharing, this helped a lot. I’ve also been anxious but managed to stay away from deep studying and trying to stay calm.
Just finished my October LSAT and it was actually okay! But RC was quite hard... not sure if that's because I'm not good with RC but yeah. Make sure to calm yourself down before answering the questions! Good luck!
Once the test starts you'll literally be forced to lock in, so I would focus most on controlling nerves before the actual test. Make sure to eat wholesome food the day before and the day of, and bring a sugary snack, water, and a stomach-filling snack for the 10-minute break so that you don't lose steam towards the end -- you will notice yourself petering out if you don't adequately fuel yourself and that alone can make you freak out. Bilateral stimulation paired with slow, intentional breathing really helps me calm down too. Good luck! You got this!
5 comments
I didn't take the October test, but in terms of tips not to freak out: Try doing box breathing before each section -- 4 second inhale, hold for 4 seconds, 4 second exhale, hold for 4 seconds, and repeat for a few cycles. During a section, if you feel like you're losing your focus or rhythm, take a second to pause for a deep breath. Also, if you start feeling anxious or your heart is racing, think of it as your body entering performance mode. Try to get a good nights sleep tonight, and remember, you can always take it again. Good luck tomorrow!!!
I took the test and it was not as scary I as I expected, not as hard as I expected but feel my score will still be similar to my PT's. I had a lot of anxiewty the day before and just tried to get a good nights sleep, have a decent breakfast, bring a snack, Rest between each section, stretch, wiggle a little and take some deep breaths BEFORE you start to feel nervous. Every few questions take a breath. it was so much less stress than I expected.
Congrats on taking it, I’m sure you did great! Thank you for sharing, this helped a lot. I’ve also been anxious but managed to stay away from deep studying and trying to stay calm.
Just finished my October LSAT and it was actually okay! But RC was quite hard... not sure if that's because I'm not good with RC but yeah. Make sure to calm yourself down before answering the questions! Good luck!
Once the test starts you'll literally be forced to lock in, so I would focus most on controlling nerves before the actual test. Make sure to eat wholesome food the day before and the day of, and bring a sugary snack, water, and a stomach-filling snack for the 10-minute break so that you don't lose steam towards the end -- you will notice yourself petering out if you don't adequately fuel yourself and that alone can make you freak out. Bilateral stimulation paired with slow, intentional breathing really helps me calm down too. Good luck! You got this!