Hi everyone,
I took the August LSAT and scored a 169. I just got my score back for October and it’s a 165, lower than any PT I’ve done in months. I’m aiming for T-14s and I want to figure out if it’s best to cancel or keep my score. I’m registered for November but have decided not to take it. I just don’t know where to go from here.
1
1 comments
Hi there! From what I know (and what I've heard from admissions officers and consultants previously), you shouldn't cancel unless your score is much, much lower than your previous score. Admissions officers who see a canceled score may wonder about how much lower it is, and may think it's a sharp nosedive. Your score variance may feel frustrating because it's lower than you were PTing, but your scores being four points apart is fairly plausible and not too large a variance.
I'm sorry your score didn't turn out the way you were hoping, and if you're still consistently PTing a lot higher it might be a good idea to take November and end on a high note! But I probably wouldn't cancel your 165, since that's still a solid score and is very close to being within the score band of your previous score. And you wouldn't want to give admissions officers room to assume that your canceled score is way lower and/or wonder why you canceled. If you're looking for admissions consultants' advice, I highly recommend posting in the admissions section of this forum as well (if you haven't already). Hopefully this helps with your decision!