Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Retake?

Jules802Jules802 Member
in General 133 karma
I took the December exam and scored within my PT range, although on the lower side of it (worst LG performance in months).
I am committed to applying this cycle and my LSAT score is at the median or 1-2 points below most schools I am applying to.
Is it worth it to sit for the February exam for what would realistically be a 0-3 point improvement,?
My GPA is at or above the median for all schools that I am applying to. Any thoughts appreciated! And congrats to all who took the test!

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27860 karma
    If that potential 0-3 point improvement could put you over the top of the medians, I say go for it.
  • Jules802Jules802 Member
    133 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" thanks for the reply! Do you know if taking the Feb exam would put me at a scholarship/admissions disadvantage at schools where I think I am a competitive applicant with my current score but that say they will not review an application until all future LSAT scores are received?
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27860 karma
    If a program won't review your application, then yes, this probably would create a disadvantage if you are already competitive. Normally though, schools review any completed application unless you specifically request a hold. I'm not aware of any programs that deviate from this, but definitely make sure so that you know what you're dealing with. If that really is the case, I'd maybe contact the school and see if they can't be flexible on that.