Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Retake or Not Retake a 170?

justin98justin98 Member
in General 43 karma

I recently got my June flex score back and I scored a 170 (first take). My gpa is 4.0 from a big public university and I have average to below average softs. I was pting in the upper 160s with a personal best of 173. Will apply in August, and Im KJD.

Should I retake in August?

Comments

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8313 karma

Goals?

• justin98justin98 Member
    43 karma

@canihazJD said:
    Goals?

Ideally I would like a full scholarship, so I'm looking at USC, UChicago, ASU, UW, etc.

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8313 karma

Broad... eclectic? range. If your sights are set on a Ruby, retake. 170 is in range but you need every edge you can get there, especially as 170 is under last year's medians which will likely go up here in a couple months. Average (self reported) admit this cycle was 173 at Chicago. Competitive for top $ at the rest IMO.

• liesel_gliesel_g Alum Member
    edited July 2021 7 karma

I am in a similar boat here. Would welcome any comments!

• Be_of_good_cheerBe_of_good_cheer Alum Member
    68 karma

Only if you have a really, really good idea of your weaknesses and are willing to drill on them for enough time to improve on those items. Personally I'd consider the minimum time between retakes 2mos. That might require some out of the box ideas for getting better at those specifics. If you have the time, fortitude, and desire and something to gain then why not? Good news is you will be narrowing the focus over the short term to your weak areas and spending less time on what you have usually done. It should not take more time that you have spent to now, only a shifting of focus. Great job getting to where you are! You should give yourself a pat on the back :)