Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Doing poorly in C.C. Problem Sets

H.al1997H.al1997 Member
in General 318 karma
I'm still going through the C.C. and I just finished going through the Main Point questions, which are supposed to be the easiest ones. It was a 3.1 hr session and it took me around 12 hours across three days to go through it all. But when it came down to do the problem sets I failed miserably.

My timed score for each were (Averaging at 1.5 min for each question):
1: 4/5 (that was good)
2: 2/5
3: 1/5
4: 2/5

Even after BR my score would improve 1 point, and in some cases, some answers I chose in BR were wrong while my original answer was correct. Before doing the last problem set, I reviewed the first 3 by jotting some notes down as to why I got the answers wrong, but it still didn't pay off.

Questions:
1. Any way of finding more Main Point questions on this site? Without having me to go through each lsat to find them.
2. Any tips on how to improve revision? Did anyone experience something like this? What did you do? What did you find most helpful? I want to see an increase in score when doing the problem sets, and not just stay stuck. I feel like putting myself under time is adding a lot of pressure and so I find myself rushing to find the answer, but also sometimes I was off.

I know its only the first lesson with problem sets I have done, but I need tips.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• WalliumsWalliums Member
    373 karma
    For your first question, since you are Ultimate+, you can access all questions for all of the tests. Go to Resources - LSAT Question Bank and you can filter for Logical Reasoning questions only and then Main Point only questions.

For your second question, I would suggest doing all of these untimed (meaning don't set a time limit, but time yourself on a stopwatch and just record your time, no matter how long it takes).

Don't feel down!
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27823 karma
    @Walliums said:
    Go to Resources - LSAT Question Bank and you can filter for Logical Reasoning questions only and then Main Point only questions.
    Yep.

And agreed with @Walliums that untimed drills are probably going to be much more beneficial at this point. As an exercise, really break down the stimulus into it's component parts. And I don't just mean context, premise, and conclusion. Break it down grammatically. See how the language is structured and how the subject matters interact with each other. Don't even worry about going through answer choices right now. Start with trying to achieve perfect understanding of the stimulus both on a logical and linguistic level.
  • tjphilbricktjphilbrick Alum Member
    174 karma
    Don't let this get you down too much. One thing that is important to remember, especially in the early stages of your prep, is to not take yourself too seriously. This is especially true as far as timing goes. I didn't time anything for the first 2 months and used those months entirely for learning the test and understanding the question types. The early parts of your prep should be concerned primarily with building a foundation of understanding, so don't worry about timing yourself right off the bat.
  • sarahmelton6sarahmelton6 Alum Member
    169 karma
    Also, when you are watching the lesson videos with practice questions, be sure to read the stimulus and attempt to answer it before watching the video with J.Y.'s breakdown of the question. This is great practice for when you get to the problem sets.
  • H.al1997H.al1997 Member
    318 karma
    Thanks everyone, I appreciate the support.

Thanks Walliums for providing that info!