Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you doing all the problem sets in Ultimate+?

WalliumsWalliums Member
in General 373 karma
I just upgraded from Starter to Ultimate+ and I'm really close to the end of the curriculum. Now a bunch of additional problem sets have appeared (Necessary Assumption has like 20!). I'm curious if those of you who have either upgraded partway through or always had Ultimate+ do all of the problem sets, or are you saving some for review once you start PTing?

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited January 2017 23929 karma
    @Walliums said:
    I'm curious if those of you who have either upgraded partway through or always had Ultimate+ do all of the problem sets, or are you saving some for review once you start PTing?
    Yeah, I've often wondered this same thing. I think it is best to do a few of the problem sets and if you are getting most/all of them right, and you feel like you own them, move on.

For example, it took me like 8-9 of the MSS problem sets to feel like I got them down. So that's how many I did. Now I have a few left for when I PT.

I actually know some people who did them all though and they ultimately scored well. So it's truly a preference thing :)

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27829 karma
    As usual, I agree with @"Alex Divine" . I worked them until I was comfortable and then saved the rest in case I needed fresh material later on in my prep. But sure, if it feels better to go through all of them, I think that's fine too.
  • Bevs ScooterMinionBevs ScooterMinion Alum Member
    1018 karma
    I started with Ultimate+ right out of the gate----which was after (blowing) 3 months on a different study system. I do all of the quizzes and problems sets when I find I'm having difficulty grasping concepts.

But as suggested, once I feel I have them down with some sets/quizzes left in the section, I move on so that I have some "new" sets/quizzes to come back to (I star those sets/quizzes that I didn't do --in addition to the difficult ones I ran into---that way I can see at a quick glance in my Syllabus where I perceive potential future weakness spots).

Once I'm in the PT phase and find I have a weakness in certain section(s), I plan on coming back to the entire section and will re-do the quizzes/problem sets I've already done + any sets/quizzes I didn't do (I think the mentors mentioned this in their stellar webinars).

I figure, even if I've done the sets/quizzes, if I find a weakness in the PT phase, then I clearly didn't have that content mastered like I previously thought.

I also figure that it's possible that I will have crammed so much info into my brain by that point, that the sets I've already done might feel like new questions. lol

• WalliumsWalliums Member
    373 karma
    @"Alex Divine", @"Cant Get Right", @ScooterMinion - thank you all!! For some of these later LR types I have been doing the first couple easy problem sets, doing one medium, and then doing one hard (if I missed more questions than I was comfortable with in the lesson). Glad to know that you all seem to be in line with holding some for PT phase.

This really sad type-A part of me has a hard time leaving some unchecked and not seeing my completion percentage at the top in the 90%s... which is what I was close to before upgrading.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @Walliums said:
    This really sad type-A part of me has a hard time leaving some unchecked and not seeing my completion percentage at the top in the 90%s... which is what I was close to before upgrading.
    God, I relate so much to that. Ugh. I actually checked the problem sets I haven't done yet off and then starred them so I would know I hadn't done them. This way my completion is in the 90%s. Talk about sad, lol.
  • sarahmelton6sarahmelton6 Alum Member
    169 karma
    @"Alex Divine" said:
    I actually checked the problem sets I haven't done yet off and then starred them so I would know I hadn't done them.
    That's hilarious! An awesome idea, I think I will do the same. I am ready to move on from the Weaken Problem Sets but just couldn't bring myself to skip any of it. I can see that I should because I am getting burned out on the repetition.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @sarahmelton6 said:
    That's hilarious! An awesome idea, I think I will do the same. I
    Haha it feels good and keep me motivated. What can I say, lol!?
  • camcam Alum Member
    349 karma
    I did the same thing as @"Alex Divine" . I'm too compulsive to NOT check them. I starred any that I have not completed as well as the sets that I think I will want to do again.

As far as doing all of the PS in Ultimate Plus, I did at least a few per difficulty level, and didn't stop until I went -2/25 or better. Now that I am through the CC, I do a mix of problem sets and questions sorted by type/difficulty from the question bank for drilling.
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @cam said:
    As far as doing all of the PS in Ultimate Plus, I did at least a few per difficulty level, and didn't stop until I went -2/25 or better. Now that I am through the CC, I do a mix of problem sets and questions sorted by type/difficulty from the question bank for drilling.
    Great strategy Cam!
  • Bevs ScooterMinionBevs ScooterMinion Alum Member
    1018 karma
    @Walliums said:
    This really sad type-A part of me has a hard time leaving some unchecked and not seeing my completion percentage at the top in the 90%s...
    SO me too. Every time I go into my Syllabus, I have to quickly scroll down to skip over this "challenging" number! EVERY. TIME. >__<

Hi, my name is Scooter. And I'm a Type A hot mess.