Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Meeting with the admissions director! HELPPPP

kmarie7kmarie7 Alum Member
in General 208 karma
So, I was recently accepted into a school with a decent amount of scholarship money. I scheduled a tour to see the school. I was just notified that I also will have a one on one with the admissions director. To meet and address any concerns I may have. What are some questions I should ask?

AHH, nervous!

Comments

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    Bumping this to the top so more people can see it.
  • danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    Maybe ask for current students and/or alumni who did/are doing things that your'e interested in (e.g. clinics, fields of work). How accessible the professors are. What the student body is like. The admission director's favorite thing about the school (maybe?).

Also, try to get specific. Find clinics or programs that you're interested and do your research of them on the website. Then, ask questions about those.

I mean, you're already accepted, so the pressure isn't as great, in my opinion. They're trying to convince you, not the other way around.
  • The 180 Bro_OVOThe 180 Bro_OVO Alum Inactive ⭐
    1392 karma
    I think everything Daniel mentioned is on point.

I guess I would ask, what his/her journey was to becoming a Dean. People generally enjoy talking about themselves and if you show genuine interest, who knows. Maybe if more scholarship money is available towards the end of the cycle, the Dean might remember you. It's a stretch, but potentially worth it. I think you would stand out in a positive way.

Plus, I figure it would just be interesting in general.