Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New to the 7sage community :)

dcho7dcho7 Free Trial Member
in General 5 karma
I took a cold diagnostic last month the day before Christmas eve and ended up with a 146. But after going through a whole curriculum with the online Testmasters course for about one month, I took another PT(21) just to see what my weaknesses and strengths were and got a 161 (BR 167). The breakdown was -8 LG -4 LR1 -7 LR2 -6 RC. I was generally happy with the improvement, albeit some of the logical reasoning questions were ones I've already seen before. I don't want to lose hope because initially I thought I was incapable of pursuing this task of defeating this ridiculously difficult standardized test. But I'm determined to try my best so I've signed up to take the real test in June. If my scores are not up to the range where I want it to be (preferably +170) then I'm willing to postpone. Some things I already know I have to work on are LG by doing the fool proof method from PT1-35 (recommended by 7sagers) which I'm currently in the process of doing. For LR, I'm not sure whether I should refer back to the fundamentals or simply hard core review the ones I've missed. All the questions I've missed are from #15 and onwards. Also timing is an issue for me for some reason. For RC, I definitely had time left to spare and I was sure about all my answers, but they turned out to be wrong unfortunately. I won't take another PT until I've fully gone through every single question I've missed as well as the ones I was unsure about and also I'm done with the LG fool proof method which will take me another 2 weeks I think. Any advice from any of the 7sagers will be much appreciated! I've been perusing through the discussion forums and everyone seems so friendly and almost all the advice I've seen are top-notch! Long story short, I'm happy to be part of this community!

P.S. I would also be willing to join in BR calls in the future if that's helpful as well.

Comments

• The 180 Bro_OVOThe 180 Bro_OVO Alum Inactive ⭐
    1392 karma
    Welcome!

It sounds like you're off to a great start!
    The LSAT can be a monster. Just keep pushing and stay active with the community!

Also, the BR calls are an excellent way to learn. Definitely would recommend.
  • danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    First of all, welcome!

Join the BR calls!

The logic inherent to the LSAT is in itself like a language and is thus learnable, as evident by your progress thus far. Congratulations on that, by the way!
  • TimLSAT180TimLSAT180 Alum Member
    619 karma

Hey Daniel it's Tim(I wrote this original post), thanks for the advice that you gave me today about how to approach drilling for logical reasoning. I looked at the LSAT analytics and I have trouble with flaw, strengthen, and weakening questions. Starting tomorrow I'll print out 10 questions for each and do them untimed and write out explanations for all of the questions. If you have any more advice on that, please let me know! I'll let you know how my progress goes. Thank you once again!

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8699 karma

Welcome aboard!