Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your school choices

texvd1988texvd1988 Member
edited January 2017 in General 605 karma

Alright so, I have already posted about having regrets, but now we are getting to crunch time. I am hovering around that magical 160- 165 PT range ( 161, 163, 163, 164, 164, 164, 165) which puts me right where I want to be for 94% of Texas schools. If I score like this on test day, I will most likely get into UH, Baylor, SMU, St. Mary's, while missing out on UT Austin. So here's what I can do:

1. Accept a (most likely) good sized scholarship from St. Mary's. They are not a great school, but have good influence in San Antonio. That is where I want to practice post graduation.

2. Possibly accept smaller money to go to UH, Baylor, or SMU. Be 2-4 hours away from my wife and dogs since they will be in the San Antonio area. So I will have to commute every weekend to see them. The drive is not that long, but it does stink to be away from the ones you love.

3. Most of my improvement has come in the last month. I shot up from a 153 to my current range, and I am beginning to see some improvement that could make jumps elsewhere possible. Do I forego this year, study for September, and go for the big Kahuna at UT?

Which option would you choose?

Comments

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8689 karma

UT is in my top 3 choices. Austin is an incredible city and it would be a privilege to live there for 3 years. I would choose, given the options you laid out, UT by a mile.