Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When do you move on from Drilling an LG game?

texvd1988texvd1988 Member
in General 605 karma

Basically, for each LG game that I get wrong or am off on time, I redo once and figure it out with a slight overkill on time. The second time, I get them right and am 2 minutes under time. Same with the third pass.

I stop after the third pass. I know we are supposed to print ten copies, but is there a minimum amount we can drill if we pick it up on a second retry for instance? Would you do one more? Go up to 5?

Comments

• BryantFuBryantFu Alum Member
    72 karma

I think it all comes down to how confident you feel about solving the game and if you can do it quickly. Spaced repetition will definitely help. You can save those other 2 attempts to be solved a few days later to test your intuitions with the game.

• tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma

@accountformerlyknowasvd1988 you don't have to necessarily do 10 takes. If you're confident do maybe 3-5. I would come back later though just to make sure.

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8689 karma

I am in complete agreement with both comments above. There is an easy way to test if you are doing enough and if what you are doing translates into tangible skills: redo the set in 4-5 weeks. This window has for me been enough time to forget specifics and revisit the set with (mostly) fresh eyes.