Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tear in the answer sheet?

lsatlyfelsatlyfe Free Trial Member
in General 19 karma

So I took the test today and my clumsy self accidentally ripped the side of the answer sheet. It wasn't a big tear and it was not directly on the section answers bubbles. I asked the proctors and they said it was fine. I am worried because I am under the impression that LSAC scores the test via one of those score machines that requires you to insert the answer sheet in and since mine was partially damaged, it won't be scored :( Am I being paranoid right now?

Comments

• katapultz6katapultz6 Alum Member
    81 karma

Yes, you are being paranoid. Let's say the worst case scenario happens, and the sheet doesn't go in the machine. Well, they very likely will have to manually check your score. Or let's say it goes in, but for whatever reason, doesn't release a score or releases a strangely weird score. Again, I think it would be common sense for them to check it manually. You will be fine!

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma

Agree with @kataput6 . Even if something does go wrong and they don't catch an error, you have the option to request a manual score for something like $15. So if your score comes out way off of your expectations and you think that might have been an issue, no problem.

• edited February 2017 8 karma

When I saw the title of this post I thought that you meant the other sense of "tear." Hahaha! At least that didn't happen for you. I'm sure it will be fine, as other commenters have noted.

• MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma

As a TA, I used a Scantron machine a handful of times. A small tear on the side likely won't affect how your answer sheet is graded.
    If you're absolutely paranoid, just have them manually grade it, as @"Cant Get Right" suggested.

• stgl1230stgl1230 Member
    821 karma

Hey i accidentally tore my December 2016 scantron a little bit and there was no issue at all. I received my score on the same day as everyone else (in an early wave, too!). You'll be fine.