PT19.S2.Q05 - adults who work outside

dennisgerrarddennisgerrard Member
edited February 2017 in Logical Reasoning 1644 karma

I chose C. The stimulus talked about two different groups eat dinner at home sharing similar nutrition value etc. J.Y. says that (D) address paradox by suggesting the first group(work outside of home) eat outside more often. But it still confuses me why C is wrong.

Any insights would be appreciated. I face a hard time to solve PRE Question which should be easy to tackle for most people.

https://7sage.com/lsat_explanations/lsat-19-section-2-question-05/

Comments

• stgl1230stgl1230 Member
    821 karma

What did you define as the issue that needs resolving? If you're defining the issue/question incorrectly, that could be why you like answer (C).

The issue that needs resolution I see is this: explaining why groups X (those who spend less time preparing food at home) and Y (those who spend more time preparing food at home) eat dinners with the same nutritional value, number of courses, etc. when they both eat at home.

(C) doesn't resolve the paradox at all. I think it's restating information that we can assume from the stimulus. (C) just says that the adults in group X spend less time doing stuff at home. The stimulus sort of says that. Even if the stimulus didn't say that, I'm not sure how the information resolves the paradox. It doesn't tell us why the meals eaten at home by groups X and Y are the same.