Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Its not going well

smseraj3smseraj3 Alum Member
in General 162 karma

I took a cold kaplan PT and got a 134 (i know its not a real LSAT exam now) so I started study with 7sage for 6 months and took another PT. I got a 149 w/o a bubble sheet and a 143 with. For the last 5 exams Ive been suck between 146-148 and feel horrible after each PT. I tried BR but I found looking over the answer's I got wrong on the computer without knowing which AC I got wrong was more helpful. I don't know what to do. Any advice? I hope to get a 160

Comments

• danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma

BR can be a painstaking process at times, especially at first, and I would recommend you keep running with it. Honestly, not doing BR for the longest time killed me to some extent.

You already have a sizable increase, which is great. I assume you went through the 7Sage curriculum? If so, how long ago did you complete it? And over what period of time did you take those five exams?

• jyang72jyang72 Alum Member
    844 karma

Hey man, I had similar experience right after I completed the CC. I would recommend that you print out a new PT for doing BR. Looking at your original answers might negatively impact you cause you might not want to admit that you made a mistake (Everyone has proud, you know). This way works as if you are doing an untimed PT. It does not hurt to try this way. Good Luck!

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    edited February 2017 10774 karma

@smseraj3 said:
    I took a cold kaplan PT and got a 134 (i know its not a real LSAT exam now) so I started study with 7sage for 6 months and took another PT. I got a 149 w/o a bubble sheet and a 143 with. For the last 5 exams Ive been suck between 146-148 and feel horrible after each PT. I tried BR but I found looking over the answer's I got wrong on the computer without knowing which AC I got wrong was more helpful. I don't know what to do. Any advice? I hope to get a 160

Hey,

Don't worry. I have been where you are and its definitely a tough process.

So take a look at the blind review videos. Watch all of them.
    https://7sage.com/lesson/the-blind-review-is-a-habit/

The process requires you to not see what you circled during the test before you attempt to break it down. You really want to enforce the correct way of doing blind review. Make sure you write down for each answer choice why its wrong/vs right and write down your break down of the stimulus. After that, compare it with JY's video and write down how he went about it differently from yours or how you two may have had a similar process. This will force you to recognize what you are doing wrong and will reinforce what you are doing right.

Next, see after blind review if you got any other questions wrong that you did not circle. This says you are over confident about something which you shouldn't be. Break down the stimulus again and do a similar process.

I highly recommend going to the webinar by @"Cant Get Right" on "How to study after post curriculum". He breaks it down in such detail. I don't know when he will be hosting the next one since he just did two of them. But I tagged him here so he can help answer this question for you.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Don't worry my friend, as we have all been there and have felt the same way... Improvements will come if you keep prepping and blind reviewing. It can feel slow and painstaking at times, but it is a proven method. You have already improved 15+ points which is amazing! You can absolutely improve to a 160.

Have you fool proofed all of the earlier games from PTs 1-35? If not, perhaps take some time to master the LG section. It is often said that it is the easiest section to become consistent as well as to increase.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27829 karma

You are not seeing results which you are satisfied with, so you have to realize that you need to change your approach to studying. For me, having and responding to this realization was essential to my ultimate success. What you are doing is not working. So change it.

Do this instead:

1. Take PT.
    2. Do a strict Blind Review.
    3. For every question you missed, ask yourself what went wrong. Write down the answer to that in as much detail as possible.
    4. When you've done that for the entire test, review and make a comprehensive list of concepts and fundamentals on which any weakness was exposed.
    5. Study those concepts and fundamentals until you feel like you have eliminated them as weaknesses.
    6. Take another PT and repeat the entire process.

If you follow this process, you should progress. What is happening now is you are not learning the lessons that your PTs are trying to teach you before moving on. If you do not address the weaknesses exposed by one PT, how can you expect to improve your performance on the next?

• smseraj3smseraj3 Alum Member
    edited February 2017 162 karma

Thank you all so much. I will definitely follow your advice. I don't know how to tag anyone but I appreciate your help.