Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Miscellaneous Logic Games and the Fool Proof Method

amedley88amedley88 Alum Member
in Logic Games 378 karma

Hey guys,

I am in the middle of the fool proof method, working on all logic games from PTs 1-39. In the beginning I was just skipping the miscellaneous games because JY would say "you don't need to worry about this, you won't encounter it on a modern-day LSAT etc." However, after exploring the question bank and different types of questions it appears that there are very difficult miscellaneous games recently (especially with the virus game last October). So I'm wondering how closely I should be reviewing these miscellaneous games and I guess I am answering my own question as I type this... so I guess my real question is how were your experiences with miscellaneous games after using the fool proof method? How closely did you focus on them? Did you find that the lessons you learned from the more common types helped prepare you? I find my speed and accuracy, along with my understanding of sequencing, in/out, grouping games and grasp of conditional logic are all increasing at a normal rate, but then I get totally discouraged when I can't even do a miscellaneous game in under something like 20 mins.

I also just want to thank everyone who posts on here, I am going at this 6-7 hours per day, some days are better than others and when I'm at my lowest I usually go on here and am just constantly reassured that I am normal and so many other people have been in the exact same situation I am in... the only solution is to keep pushing forward.

Thanks!

Comments

• jknaufjknauf Alum Member
    edited February 2017 1741 karma

Hey man.

Just keep doing what you are doing. I don't think anyone could have anticipated the return of some of the miscellaneous games. I'm sure there is some games that are completely irrelevant which test weird things like spatial reasoning, but you never know! So be sure to practice all games.

Ideally, the process for all games is the same, including miscellaneous games.

Here is a list of rules, follow these rules and find the correct answer.

I've heard a few people say 'miscellaneous games are only tough for people who have studied intensely for logic games'

Their reasoning is we become perplexed and distraught when we see a game or a setup that is foreign to us. So we spend time beating our heads instead of following the simple formula: Here is a list of rules, follow these rules and find the correct answer

Good luck!

• amedley88amedley88 Alum Member
    378 karma

Thanks!