Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

questions on fool-proof method of logic games

paul.sellaripaul.sellari Alum Member
in Logic Games 61 karma

It is quite easy for me to finish logic games in desired times after 2 or 3 attempts. I have an extremely good short-term memory for inferences, and also, I do them back to back to back. Usually I don't go over 5 attempts for a logic game, unless I clearly am forgetting inferneces and not finihsing in desired time. However, if I wait two or three days to do it, then I forget most of it and would not be able to get the same results.

Is this common?

also, which one is better? to do 10 all in one setting? or to do them in 10 different days?

Comments

• tomdesablatomdesabla Core Member
    54 karma

I think we have to continue the process until we are losing very little when we wait several days. We continue to do logic games until we find the inferences quickly, even in new games. I know I'm not there yet, but I haven't hammered it hard enough long enough.

This foolproofing takes time and persistence

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8694 karma

The key for me personally is not to remember the inference(s), but rather to remember the process you used to derive the inference. The relevant questions you posed of the rules and combinations of the rules provided is going to be what helps you on other games.

Let's say that we have a 5 space sequencing game with pieces A,B,C,D and E. And we are given a rule that piece A is not in space 1 (space 1 is before space 2 which is before space 3 etc). We are then given two rules that together form the chain: B before C and C before E. The relevant question we should be asking is: who can be in space 1? This is a relevant question because it appears to be something that is limited because of the inherent constraints of the game and our rules. When we ask that question we derive an answer that functions as an inference: that only pieces B and D can be in spot 1. Now the questions are often going to reference our knowledge of the inference. They will say something like: if piece D is in spot 4.... that means that B is in spot 1.

Recreating inferences is a process of doing this work of asking the right questions of the rules and constraints in a way that derives answers that can help us. That in my estimation, working that muscle is one of the most important aspects of fool proofing games. We might on the 2 and 3 time through remember that spot one has to be B or D but what is more important is that we follow the process to get there.