Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Way Ahead

Mikey O.Mikey O. Member
in General 26 karma

Hello all, just dropping this quick question by you.

As you go through your studies, is it more efficient to knock out each section of the LSAT one at a time, or to kind of jump around so you do not burn yourself our on one section or waste too much time learning one section and not enough on the other two?

Thanks!

Comments

• jknaufjknauf Alum Member
    1741 karma

Personally, I bounce around when I drill. If I feel my LG or RC game is off, I'll focus on those sections for a little while and revert back to PTs when the time is right. Everyone is going to be different in regards to what they need to focus on. Just make sure if you are weak in a particular section, don't neglect that section. For the longest time I never focused on RC because it was my weakest section, and I rationalized it by saying I need to optimize my score in the other sections. What a horrible and foolish approach lol Never do what I did.

Good luck!

• Mikey O.Mikey O. Member
    26 karma

@jknauf said:
    Personally, I bounce around when I drill. If I feel my LG or RC game is off, I'll focus on those sections for a little while and revert back to PTs when the time is right. Everyone is going to be different in regards to what they need to focus on. Just make sure if you are weak in a particular section, don't neglect that section. For the longest time I never focused on RC because it was my weakest section, and I rationalized it by saying I need to optimize my score in the other sections. What a horrible and foolish approach lol Never do what I did.

Good luck!

Thanks! I am not ready for PTs just yet, I need to finish up the CC and make sure I have it down first. That being said, I will take your advice, thank you!

• tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma

@"Mikey O." Don't skip around on the curriculum. I think there's a reason it's structured the way it's structured. Everything builds and leads to the next thing. If you feel like you're still having issues with something either spend as long as it takes to understand it or move on but continue to work on that issue. I think it's better that you not move fwd because you'll probably have issues with something relating to it in the future but obviously everything won't click and stick the first time through.

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    edited February 2017 3112 karma

I agree with the general consensus here. One thing that I will add that has really helped me is that as you improve in your worst section, something else will become your worst section. So for example, what I do is I will take a 5 section PT and use my worst section as my experimental. I will extensively BR my experimental (as well as the whole PT, obvi) until I am completely comfortable with it. If I still feel that I am lacking in this area, then I will do some drills throughout the week. I sometimes do two RC experimentals back to back where they are my weakest section. Once I make some improvements or feel more comfortable, I move on to using LG or LR, depending on which I am least confident in at that time. The extra exposure allows you to kill a few birds with one stone: you drill your worst section; you do so while under time; you work on your fatigue; you get an opportunity to BR a timed section; you isolate your weakness.

I also find this particularly helpful as a test prep strategy because, naturally, if you aren't good at section, you probably don't want more of that section on the actual exam. By exposing yourself to do this, you are forcing yourself to get comfortable being uncomfortable