Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Was this Gameboard Split Success Dumb Luck?

NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
in Logic Games 5320 karma

https://7sage.com/lsat_explanations/lsat-22-section-3-game-3/

The first time I ran through this game, I went -4 and way over time. Really just stumbled through it without understanding. Then I CCBRed. During BR, I "found" an inference and split the boards based on it. That trial went sooo smooth: -0 and 3m UNDER the prescribed time by JY.

Then I watched the video explanation and noticed that JY did not make the inference I made. I went back and reviewed and now I'm not sure if the inference I made was valid or not lol. Did I make an invalid inference and benefit from dumb luck??

Here is JY's GBs:

___ |19_| __o
___ |20_| ___

Here are my GBs:

19_ |19_| __o
___ |20_| 20_

and

___ |19_ |19o
20_| 20_ |___

Having gotten this far in explaining my question, I believe I did make an invalid inference because my GBs limit the possibilities such as:

___ |19_ |19o
__| 20 |20_

However, if anyone has something to add, or I'm still not seeing it correctly, please let me know. I PT around 160 and consistently go -10+ in games. To say LG is my bottleneck is an understatement.

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27853 karma

Yeah, looks like your split left out a number of worlds, which you seem to have spotted. Your splits need to represent all possibilities worlds, so you'd need way too many boards to split effectively based on that distribution. The only place I can see where a reasonable split could even be attempted is based on needing an O placed in 2 or 6. That would give you three boards, but it wouldn't be helpful at all.

It's great that LG is where your struggles are though. Keep working with them and you'll be able to improve that substantially.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"Cant Get Right" said:
    Yeah, looks like your split left out a number of worlds, which you seem to have spotted. Your splits need to represent all possibilities worlds, so you'd need way too many boards to split effectively based on that distribution. The only place I can see where a reasonable split could even be attempted is based on needing an O placed in 2 or 6. That would give you three boards, but it wouldn't be helpful at all.

It's great that LG is where your struggles are though. Keep working with them and you'll be able to improve that substantially.

Yup! Exactly - good to have LG where your weakness is. You'll be able to improve substantially through repetition.

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

@"Cant Get Right" @"Alex Divine" Thanks for the input guys. Quite helpful as always!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@jkatz1488 said:
    @"Cant Get Right" @"Alex Divine" Thanks for the input guys. Quite helpful as always!

Good stuff, brother. With some time and effort you'll be scoring in the the damn 170 range if LG is your biggest problem. I know it's mine and it sucks... I just can't wait to have the time to just get it down to -0 or -2 or whatever. Right now im all over the place and like you conveyed... it sucks! haha

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@jkatz1488 said:

Good stuff, brother. With some time and effort you'll be scoring in the the damn 170 range if LG is your biggest problem. I know it's mine and it sucks... I just can't wait to have the time to just get it down to -0 or -2 or whatever. Right now im all over the place and like you conveyed... it sucks! haha

@"Alex Divine" encouragement is the great currency of 7Sage. Thanks for the kind words. I dream about going -2. I can relate to being all over the place. I guess we just trust the process and drill, baby, drill. With the right effort, we'll get there.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@jkatz1488 said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@jkatz1488 said:

@"Alex Divine" encouragement is the great currency of 7Sage. Thanks for the kind words. I dream about going -2. I can relate to being all over the place. I guess we just trust the process and drill, baby, drill. With the right effort, we'll get there.

Exactly my friend! One thing I love about 7Sage is so many people have followed the same formula and then scored right where I want to... The support makes all the difference! <3 :) We will get there! Drill, baby, drill is right!