Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LG Fool Proof Method (Quick question about time!)

cgracia12cgracia12 Alum Member
in Logic Games 737 karma

Good morning everyone,

I hope everyone has a great day at work/studying! Quick question... In the fool proof method for logic games, are we supposed to be targeting to finish the game in the designated time for that game, or in the standard time to finish a logic game at 8:45?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Comments

• nicholasthomas127nicholasthomas127 Alum Member
    458 karma

I would say the designated time. Depending on the difficulty of each game, you don't want to spend 8:45 on a game that only takes 5:00. You don't want to spend longer on a game than you need to.

• Heart Shaped BoxHeart Shaped Box Alum Member
    2426 karma

Definitely designated time. The 8:45 is the "average" time we have per game, just like LR's 84 seconds. Some games shouldn't take you over 5 mins while others could/suppose to take 15 mins due to the design. So just like we would on LR, don't underestimate "easy" games, perfecting them to the tee so that you will have the extra time to tackle hard ones.

• cgracia12cgracia12 Alum Member
    737 karma

Thank you! I was just wanting to make sure, thanks again! @"Heart Shaped Box" @nicholasthomas127

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma

@cgracia12 said:
    Good morning everyone,

I hope everyone has a great day at work/studying! Quick question... In the fool proof method for logic games, are we supposed to be targeting to finish the game in the designated time for that game, or in the standard time to finish a logic game at 8:45?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Yeah, as people have said above aim to do LG in designated time. That's because some of the hard games are designed to take13 minutes or more. So you want to do the easier/predictable games fairly quickly. That being said, when you first start out take your time learning the inferences as speed is a result of your knowledge not the other way around. So if you are beginning, push yourself to go faster and try to meet the designated time, but also don't beat yourself if you don't meet it. You will get there over time after you have first internalized all these inferences which means you will have to first learn to be slow to get fast : )

Good luck : )