Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Weighing a June or September 2017 test date, aiming for T14

I bet this has been asked before, but as June gets closer, I'm wondering if I should give myself the summer and put off the LSAT until September 16. My only issue is that I plan on applying to T14 schools this application cycle (this Fall), and I'm worried that the rolling admissions process of most schools won't work in my favor if my score isn't available until October. Any thoughts? I would hope to have the rest of my application completed by the time my score was available. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma

This is a question that comes up a lot. All things equal, yeah, applying early is preferred. But all things are not equal. Until you feel like you're ready to test with the results you want, this shouldn't factor in to your decision at all. Even a marginal increase to your LSAT score will carry more weight with admissions than an early application. So focus on that and then apply when you've got the score you need.

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

I agree with @"Cant Get Right". The best thing you can do for yourself is to take the test when your ready. Your hurting your chances more by testing when you're not as ready as you can be. The benefits of a few points is significant. Besides, September is probably the most popular test so if you can get all your stuff in within a week of your score you should still be ahead of most people