Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where to take PTs

akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
in General 9377 karma

I would like to know where 7Sagers usually take PrepTests. I read somewhere that it is better to get used to distractions so I usually take in a public library. But do you think it's ok to do PTs at home?

I'm asking this because I want to record myself doing PTs, and today I stacked a bunch of large books on a library desk and put iPhone on top of it to record myself (I was definitely the weirdest person in the library), but the battery went out after 1.5 hours of recording....! (Next time I'll bring a portable battery charger....and I also ordered an iPhone clip holder stand so that I don't have to stack books....still going to be the weirdest person in the library though)

Sorry for a stupid question!

Comments

• tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma

Sure, it's ok to test at home. Just try to mimic test conditions as much as possible. Not everyone goes to a public place to test, at least not everyday. You'll be fine.

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9377 karma

Thanks!

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10779 karma

@akistotle said:
    I would like to know where 7Sagers usually take PrepTests. I read somewhere that it is better to get used to distractions so I usually take in a public library. But do you think it's ok to do PTs at home?

I'm asking this because I want to record myself doing PTs.

Hi : )
    I take my PT's at home these days because I record myself too. If you want to see yourself perform under distractions you can take it in a library and that's okay that you may not have that one recorded.

Good luck!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

For the few tests I've taken, I've utilized the 7Sage proctor app and put the noise distractions on so I can get used to papers shuffling, coughing, and the sound of pencils scratching on the paper. Eventually I plan on taking some in a public place like a library or coffee shop.

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    edited April 2017 10779 karma

If you really want to see how you do in a distracting environment, see if you can find a coffee shop or building where construction is going on. I took a PT one time like that. Eventually I was able to tune it out but it was a good learning experience.

My worst experience was when my dogs were crying and barking outside my study room for about an hour because it was their play time with me and in their eyes I was not following their schedule of play time! I just imagined them as somebody in my classroom that was having an emotional meltdown. lol In this instance I didn't even need to go to a coffee shop or library to find a distracting environment.

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9377 karma

Thank you everyone for your comments!

@Sami said:
    I just imagined them as somebody in my classroom that was having an emotional meltdown. lol

Oh, this might happen! I'll definitely take in a coffee shop once to get ready for this!

• dennisgerrarddennisgerrard Member
    1644 karma

Study at home is fine. Just don't study at Starbucks. Use 7sage proctor as well. Give 10 minutes' break after 3 sections.