Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sending Updated Transcripts

combsnicombsni Free Trial Member
in General 652 karma

Hey guys!
Does anyone know if cost anything (other than processing costs from the undergrad institution) to have LSAC send an updated copy of your transcripts to law schools?

Comments

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma

Bumping this to the top.

• Achen165Achen165 Member
    656 karma

To my knowledge, there is not. I didn't incur any additional costs by updating my transcripts to LSAC; this was done prior to application submission however. My academic summary report was updated and adjusted within a few days of them being sent out without a problem.

• combsnicombsni Free Trial Member
    652 karma

Thank you! So basically they will just send my updated academic summer report, upon receiving my transcripts?

• Achen165Achen165 Member
    edited May 2017 656 karma

Of course!

Yes. From the LSAC website:

"Have official transcripts sent to LSAC for any additional academic work completed after your initial Law School Reports have been forwarded. We will incorporate this information into your file and send updated transcript reports to the law schools, as long as their reporting terms are still current.

At no additional charge, LSAC will also send updated law school reports to the law schools that you’ve applied to IF your CAS file is current AND one of the following events occurs within the same admission year of your application:

You repeat the LSAT.
    LSAC receives an updated transcript.
    An error in either a transcript or its summarization is reported and corrected. (Please note: LSAC must receive a revised, official transcript clearly marked as “corrected copy” in order to correct transcript errors.)
    LSAC receives an additional letter of recommendation that you have assigned to that particular school."