Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Progressive difficulty, adjusted scores?

cjonescjones Alum Member
edited August 2014 in General 48 karma
Hi admin, et al...

I have noticed a 5 point difference between my scores from older test vs. more recent (30s vs 60s), with the lower scores being the most recent. Are the newer tests simply more challenging than those from ten years ago? Should I really only be basing my potential score estimates on newer tests? Should I save those recent tests for last? Anyone else notice this same effect?

I just want to make sure that my increase in score is not an artifact of the test difficulty itself.

Thanks!

Comments

• lsathopefullsathopeful Alum Member
    263 karma
    Some people say RC has gotten harder while LG's have gotten easier (although their seems to be more variability in the game types presented in the most recent tests, with more rare types present.)

It might help to look at what sections you are scoring differently in (e.g. are you doing much better in LR in the older tests as opposed to the newer test, or are you doing evenly better/worse on the sections overall.)
  • vandyzachvandyzach Free Trial Member
    358 karma
    You're going to have to dig deeper. Digging deeper will allow the forum to help you and it will allow you to figure out the best thing to do going forward.

Are there certain sections that are lower? What's harder? On LR, is it harder to follow the argument (see what it's saying)? On RC, are the passages harder to follow? Are you missing inferences on games or are you not finishing in time?
  • cjonescjones Alum Member
    48 karma
    Thanks for responding lsathopeful and vandyzach. After taking your suggestion and reviewing each section of the test, I found that there was really no certain section that was increasing or decreasing the score overall, except perhaps for LG, but those apparently have not become more difficult. So, I will keep studying and taking more tests before drawing conclusions. Thanks!
  • chase62442chase62442 Alum Member
    79 karma
    I'm also wondering about this. I'd been planning on saving tests 60-72 for September but now I think I'll do some in the next week in case they are harder than the ones in the 40s that I'm currently doing (I stupidly did section practice for the 50s before finding 7sage)
  • GraceloverGracelover Alum Member
    440 karma
    I am noticing the same effect, except I am seeing a 10 point difference. Yikes