Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What PTs should I take?

theLSATgrind2017theLSATgrind2017 Alum Member
in General 440 karma

After the CC, I have worked through PTs 1-4. I'm planning on taking the test in September but I can push it back if need be. My scores are 162, 160, 162 and 169. I wouldn't put too much emphasis on the 169. Before 7sage, I was working through Kaplan and so I might have burned some of the PT 60s (I was doing individual sections as opposed to full length tests). My diagnostic at the very beginning (back in November) was 148 so I have had significant improvement already. I'm also worried that I have peaked in terms of improvement.
Should I start taking PTs 20+? Is it worth it to go that far back? I know that the level of difficulty tends to change. September is getting closer and closer so I know it would be difficult to go through all 80 preptests. Plus, I would like to save PTs just in case I don't get the score I want on the first try.

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited May 2017 23929 karma

Nice progress!

I think you should aim to work up to and do most of the 50s, 60s, 70s and PT80-81 before sitting for your test in September. This way you can save all of 1-35 for drilling and timed sections.

If you want to put some of the newer PTs aside for a retake, maybe save a couple from each of the 50s, 60s, and 70s series to put aside.

• AllezAllez21AllezAllez21 Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    1917 karma

@"Alex Divine" Great advice. Chop up 1-35 for fool proofing LG, drilling question types, playing with timing on sections. PTs 1-35 are not too old to learn from. They should form the foundation of your learning.

Realistically, you cannot do more than 2PTs a week and really expect to learn adequately from them. 5-9PTs a month is a good range rate. So thats 20-36PTs between now and September. Start off in the PT40 range and you should be good to go.

• ElleWoods77ElleWoods77 Alum Member
    edited May 2017 1184 karma

I was in the same boat. I decided to save preptest 40-80 for testing. Will do 5 from the 40s, 50s, 60s,70s,and 80s and save the other half in case I need to retake in December. I figure having 40 preptests will be more then enough.