Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Postpone until September?

rogersalexandra7rogersalexandra7 Alum Member
in General 213 karma

Hi! So I need some advice about whether or not to stick with my June test or take the test in September. I took the test in December 2016 and got a terrible score (145) and I really am aiming for a mid 160s but I have been still averaging -9 on each section, I am understanding the material a lot better but Im just nervous if I take this test in June I wont be where I want to be, does anyone have any advice? Thank you so much in advance!

Comments

• rogersalexandra7rogersalexandra7 Alum Member
    213 karma

Also to clarify Ive been studying for about 20-30 hrs a week

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Hi there!

Kudos for getting back to it even after December didn't go as you may have liked :)

To get a 165, you'd need to get no more than 18 wrong, or approximately 4.5 per section. Currently missing 9 per section means you'd have to basically miss 50% less.

Essentially you are trying to go from a ~155 to a 165 in 4 weeks. I can tell you from experience that the climb to a 165 from the mid 150s takes hard work and a good deal of time.

I also think that when you are ready you won't feel that same nervousness you are feeling now. You know what it feels like to not be ready from your December take, so I think your brain is telling you not wait until you are ready.

I have absolutely zero doubt you can ultimately hit that 165! You've already improved from a 145 to a 155 since December. Give yourself through the summer to re-evaluate. Going into the test confident and prepared is going to make all the difference in achieving that 165.

• jaefromcanadajaefromcanada Alum Member
    315 karma

Alex gives great advice. Go for your score, not a date.
    Hunker down on LG first to get it down to close to -0. Then LR/RC. If you know you're gonna get a PT and you can feel confident in at least one section of getting a -0 to -3, then you've got a good foundation!