Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Postponing question and LR strategy question

rafaelitorafaelito Alum Member
in Logical Reasoning 1063 karma

Hey everyone, I'm just posting here to see what people might think of my decision to postpone taking the LSAT until September. My goal is to test 170. My average is in the mid 160s but the only tests I've been able to score in the 170s have been retakes. Fresh tests are all in the 160s. :( I don't want to postpone because I feel emotionally ready but I think it's the wisest thing to do. The most annoying thing is how expensive it is!! And $100 to postpone vs 180 to just sign up again. I know that's not nothing but... fricken LSAC. Anyway, what do people think? To postpone or not to postpone?

Also, this is a related question to getting out of 160s plateau. I've seen on here that top scorers get through LR with like 10 minutes to spare. That's never happened to me and I'm not sure if my goal should be to just "work faster" (a mentality that, when I adopt, just makes me rush and be careless) or if I should continue to be cautious, to utilize POE unless I'm almost 100% sure of an answer, to give myself two read throughs if I don't understand a stimulus right off the bat as opposed to immediately skipping. Is there merit to a 'slow and steady wins the race' type of approach for top scorers in LR?

Did anyone take it after they'd seen major improvements (my diagnostic was a 153) but not quite reached their max? Any thoughts on LR strategy would also be appreciated.

Good luck to those who know they're ready for June! Jealous!


  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

    I think your intuition to wait is the right choice. You're only giving yourself more time to prep and hit the 170 mark!

  • rafaelitorafaelito Alum Member
    1063 karma

    Thanks @"Alex Divine" . I still haven't decided but today is the last day.

Sign In or Register to comment.