Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to study for the LSAT: By section type or all together?

S. CastleS. Castle Member
edited August 2014 in General 4 karma
What does everyone think is the best method to study for the LSAT? Specifically, I am wondering if I should approach it by studying one area at a time or all areas together. What I mean by this is whether to study only logic games for a few weeks until I feel comfortable with them, then moving on to the other areas of the exam one by one. Or, would it be better to just study a little bit of every area at the same time? I hope my question makes sense.

Comments

• cole.w.murdochcole.w.murdoch Alum Member
    228 karma
    Going through the course you seem to get a healthy dose of different sections at different times. I found it a great way to not get sick and tired of a certain section; now that I'm into the preptests I focus on questions that I consistently get wrong and I do at least 1 or 2 logic games a day (randomly chosen from old PT's). I would recommend not staying on one topic too long to reduce the chance of burning out early on it. Before you go into anything too heavily though I highly suggest making sure you have a core understanding of logic.
  • chrijani7chrijani7 Alum Member
    827 karma
    I completely agree with Cole. I actually do something very similar to avoid burnout on days that I drill. Since I am in the phase of doing PTs with BR and drilling, I have a few review days in between each test. So if LR is what I need to review most, I try to do around 1-4 LG's/day and at least 1 RC passage before I even start reviewing/drilling LR. This allows me to keep my head in the game on those sections. Typically if I am in "slacking" mode, I won't even time my RC passage but still do it. Just to keep the idea fresh in my brain and keep myself continuously exposed.

However, if you are a complete beginner to the LSAT then I advise going through the course section by section. If you are not registered, then I highly suggest you register or at least get an LSAT book ( LSAT Trainer imo). Either way you go, a structure will be there and it usually includes going section by section at first, but broken down into sub-categories per section. This is the best way to approach the test as you learn ALL the little nuances that are involved in each section and how to attack each section/sub-category. You need to get your foundation down pat before you start tackling full sections haphazardly, as it will likely lead to high stress and unsatisfactory results.