Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to Study?

The NoodleyThe Noodley Alum Member
in General 662 karma

Fellow 7sagers,

I took LSAT in 2015 and scored 166. I decided not to apply that year because of some personal reasons. I am taking the test in September and will apply this cycle.

I am slowly going through CC right now (my school is on the quarter system) and getting most of the difficult LR problems right (I sometimes miss 1 out 5 on those level 5 questions).

I wonder how people blend in other LR materials (Manhattan LR and Trainer [I read older versions while preparing for the first time]). Do you read MLR and Trainer while going through CC?

Ideas and tips are highly appreciated!

Comments

• Mellow_ZMellow_Z Alum Member
    1997 karma

I used the manhattan books to supplement 7sages material. If you identify that you have a weakness in a certain question type, I would go to the MH book and read the chapter just on that given type. It provides more detail than the CC does sometimes, and shines light on areas that may have not been discovered before.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Mellow_Z said:
    I used the manhattan books to supplement 7sages material. If you identify that you have a weakness in a certain question type, I would go to the MH book and read the chapter just on that given type. It provides more detail than the CC does sometimes, and shines light on areas that may have not been discovered before.

Same. Big fan of MLSAT LR and The LSAT Trainer to get a different perspective on LR questions.

• The NoodleyThe Noodley Alum Member
    662 karma

@"Alex Divine" @Mellow_Z great! thanks guys!

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    edited May 2017 11542 karma

Hey :)
    Congrats on the 166! You should have a good idea of what skillset you need to work on for improvement since you're already scoring very high. Having said that, if you're going through the CC you should be doing just that. If needed afterwards, you can use other material such as the Trainer to gain a different perspective. All up to you - but do it one at a time.

• The NoodleyThe Noodley Alum Member
    662 karma

@Sprinkles thanks for the reply. I took a non-disclosed test in 2015 so I did not know what I got wrong. My guess would be LR and RC. I think I am kind of a perfectionist so I want to finish reading all the books before intensive drilling. I think I will change my approach now. Finish CC and start the drill. Like Alex and Mellow said, I should go to these books when I identify my weakness.