Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PTs Between now and September LSAT

naychinaychi Alum Member

I'm in the middle of PTing for the September LSAT. My target goal is 175. I'm currently in the upper 150s-mid 160s in terms of PTing. I also work full-time, so it's harder to get my PTs in on most days. I'm going to explain my strategy now and ask for some tips/feedback:

• Wake up before work, take 1-2 timed section tests. Try to review the sections during my lunch break at work, and after work through the end of the day. Do this most days during the week. Rest on Fridays. PT on Saturday morning, review it all day on Sunday.
  • I try to work out at least 30 mins a day -- this is for both health reasons as well as because I think working out really tends to keep your mind sharp. I don't go to the gym or anything, I usually either do a fitnessblender 30 min at home video or I go on a jog (usually the latter).

What happens is that I usually end up exhausted. Ramadan is also coming up, so I'm worried about becoming even more tired with the fasting component. I most likely will not be working out during Ramadan.

What do you guys think? What PTs should I focus on more? What resources should I tap into? Anything wrong with my method? What would you add/improve/take away? etc. I'm looking for any kind of feedback really. Is my target score feasible within that time? I'm aiming for T14 schools.

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Definitely focus on the newer PTs before you take the test. It doesn't mean you have to rush into them though, so long as you get to them. Definitely take most of the 50s, 60s, 70s, and PT80 and PT81 (will be out this summer)

I think your strategy looks good. I mean is it working for you thus far? Are you seeing improvements?

I would say to check out the 7Sage blind review calls and see if you can fit some of those in. They are extremely valuable. Several people have said they scored what they did as a result of them.

My only solid advice is to remember that PTs are just a means to an end. That end is a gauge of your improvements, strengths, and weaknesses. Spend ample time reviewing and drilling the weaknesses that the PTs reveal.

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9377 karma

I think it depends on what your BR score is. If this strategy is working for you, then I think it's great, but if I were you, I would spend more time reviewing the material. I typically spend several hours Blind Reviewing one section. I may be spending too much time, but I think it's helping me.

Good luck! :)