Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fool Proofing LG beyond 1-35

AllezAllez21AllezAllez21 Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
in Logic Games 1917 karma

I have completed fool proofing PTs 1-35. I'm now 11 preptests into my PT phase. Getting -0/-1 on tests, though admittedly some of the mid/early 40s are supposed to be easier than average.

Anyway, what are y'alls thoughts on fool proofing LG on PTs36+? Obviously I BRed them when I took, but should I go ahead and just start repeatedly doing these PTs' LG sections after I take them? I'm up in the high 40's now, so I was thinking I'd do 10 PT chunks of fool proofing the LG games, by the time I'm done with that, I'd be another 10 PTs ahead in testing. Repeat.

The advantage is just more and more practice on LG. The disadvantage is that such PTs would be "ruined" for retakes. Then again, I don't personally plan on doing many retakes because I've got so many untouched PTs in front of me and am already scoring well so I don't think I'll need to retake the real thing more than once.

Thoughts? What have others done to keep LG skills robust after completing the traditional fool proofing method?

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@AllezAllez21 said:
    I have completed fool proofing PTs 1-35. I'm now 11 preptests into my PT phase. Getting -0/-1 on tests, though admittedly some of the mid/early 40s are supposed to be easier than average.

Anyway, what are y'alls thoughts on fool proofing LG on PTs36+? Obviously I BRed them when I took, but should I go ahead and just start repeatedly doing these PTs' LG sections after I take them? I'm up in the high 40's now, so I was thinking I'd do 10 PT chunks of fool proofing the LG games, by the time I'm done with that, I'd be another 10 PTs ahead in testing. Repeat.

The advantage is just more and more practice on LG. The disadvantage is that such PTs would be "ruined" for retakes. Then again, I don't personally plan on doing many retakes because I've got so many untouched PTs in front of me and am already scoring well so I don't think I'll need to retake the real thing more than once.

Thoughts? What have others done to keep LG skills robust after completing the traditional fool proofing method?

I'd advocate exposing myself to as many of the games as possible. If by the time you take the exam, you have seen all of the games, you should be in pretty good shape LG wise if you take the time to fool proof them all.

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

I think the fool proofing changes as you get into the PT phase. I am also -0/-1 consistently and what I do is any game I get -1 on I add to a spreadsheet. When I have four, I'll do them all as a 35 minute section. If I am still getting them wrong, then I will move on to a traditional fool proof phase.