Scale protection / the dreaded Game 2 from June 2000

fmihalic2fmihalic2 Free Trial Member
edited June 2017 in General 266 karma

Hey all,

This morning I dove into the cement pool that is Game 2 from June 2000.

I consider myself a 'solid' gamer. I average -3 on a full timed section give or a take a question. A number with which I would be perfectly fine on test day, by the way. However, this game has 7 questions (why? just why?) and could easily take that score to a -7, if not worse.

I've noticed that all of these PT's with the 'dreaded' games offer more cushion, even at the top. For instance, 87/101 on the June 2000 LSAT clicks a 170.

How prevalent are games of this level of difficulty on the more modern LSATs? I think I would drop dead in there if I were to see a game like this. Especially game #2!!!!!

Admin edit:
https://7sage.com/lsat_explanations/lsat-31-section-1-game-2/

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27823 karma

@fmihalic2 said:

How prevalent are games of this level of difficulty on the more modern LSATs? I think I would drop dead in there if I were to see a game like this. Especially game #2!!!!!

Eh, hate to tell you, but they are highly prevalent. A big part of these is just staying calm and being mentally flexible. The new, weird games aren't particularly difficult, it's just that they don't conform to established norms. If you keep your cool and take a creative approach to figure them out, there's nothing about these games that are particularly hard. You've just got to adjust your expectations and be ready--mentally and emotionally--to deal with these.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"Cant Get Right" said:

@fmihalic2 said:

Eh, hate to tell you, but they are highly prevalent. A big part of these is just staying calm and being mentally flexible. The new, weird games aren't particularly difficult, it's just that they don't conform to established norms. If you keep your cool and take a creative approach to figure them out, there's nothing about these games that are particularly hard. You've just got to adjust your expectations and be ready--mentally and emotionally--to deal with these.

I'm scared :( haha

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8689 karma

Pt 31 game 2 is a classically difficult game. In my opinion, PT 31's game section itself is a really good section to test where your skills are on games for the newest sets of games. What I mean by this is that PT 31 seems to have the pattern of a difficult classic game and a difficult odd game that has come to embody many of the newer PTs. These sets are supplemented by easier games that are imperative to get done quickly and with confidence. The following PT game sets are what I recommend if someone wants an honest gauge of where they are on games without spoiling a newer set. These sets are ranked in order with number one being what I see as the most useful in this regard:
    1.PT C: if you get a -0/-1 on this set the first time through in 34 minutes, you have in my estimation an elite LG understanding.
    2.PT 27
    3.PT 31: a very tough set
    4.PT 41
    5.PT B

What these sets will tell the first (and for me the second) time through them is what it is that you should be working on and precisely where your weaknesses are. If we don't do well, do not despair. We as test takers here on 7Sage have many advantages when we finish these sets: we can watch the video explanations, we can reach out to a community that can offer insight on particulars of the games and we can also trade strategies in the comment sections of the games.

Let me know if you have any additional questions regarding these earlier sets.
    David