Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reading comp LR timing

BirdLaw818BirdLaw818 Free Trial Member
in General 553 karma

So I've nailed logic games, I've implemented a new strategy for LR where I pay more attention to structure and ive been doing better so far, but my RC is totally screwed up. A) a lot of the time I don't get to every question, and B) most of my mistakes are from Inference and Authors Perspective questions.

I make the right answer choices during BR but I just can't seem to time myself correctly.

Should I spend more time on timed RC which would lead to less time on LR and LG review? I don't plan on doing BR for RC , I feel like LR skills translate into skills needed for RC questions. But my timing is way off. I took PT 63 and got a 167 but I missed like 5-8 questions in total, and rushed RC making stupid mistakes just to get to the next question. I feel like I can't retain enough info to be able to make inferences ...I go back and skim portions of the passage to affirm my inferences. Should I rely more on skimming and going back during questions or nailing it after the first pass?