Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can we drink water in the middle of a section?

ArtoriusArtorius Alum Member
edited June 2017 in General 188 karma

Although the instruction said "Snacks and beverages are permitted only during the scheduled rest break. Consuming food or beverages in the testing room at any other time is distracting for other examinees and is not permitted."

However, it could be uncomfortable not to drink any water for approximately 2 hours (3 section plus instruction, etc.)

Therefore, can someone share their insight on what the real situation is like? Will test proctors allow us to drink water in the middle of a section?

Thanks.

Comments

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    edited June 2017 11542 karma

Unless you have a medical reason, you are not permitted to have anything else on the desk besides pencils, erasers, analog watch, highlighter(s) and the actual test. Proctors are generally very strict and abide by the rules entirely so odds are you won't be able to get away with it haha. What you can do in the meantime is take PTs in test-day conditions to better prepare for the real thing.

• batniki1batniki1 Alum Member
    edited June 2017 226 karma

Yes, during the section I don't think you can. Now, I did on my actual test IN BETWEEN sections and I did not get in trouble for it... DO not take my word for it however, I believe you would be much safer if you just ask before the exam begins :) Could someone else please second what I said?

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma

@therealnas said:
    Yes, during the section I don't think you can. Now, I did on my actual test IN BETWEEN sections and I did not get in trouble for it... DO not take my word for it however, I believe you would be much safer if you just ask before the exam begins :) Could someone else please second what I said?

Haha, either the proctor(s) didn't catch you or they were laid back. According to LSAC, "Beverage and snack are NOT permitted on the desktop and may be accessed only during the break."
    Now the real question is, are you going to confess your wrong doing in the Character&Fitness portion of your application? :joy:

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27859 karma

In one of my administrations the guy next to me had a bottle of water that he drank throughout the test. So it really does just kind of depend on the proctors, but yeah, it is definitely not allowed. The guy next to me also left the test room twice to use the bathroom, so I wouldn't recommend it anyway, even if your proctors aren't strict with the rules.